Wii Mini: Good and bad for Nintendo...

#1PUNCHOUT1116Posted 11/4/2013 12:11:29 PM
Good: It may earn them a few extra dollars during the holiday season.
Bad: Gives Mario loving fans and parents yet one more reason not to purchase a WiiU.

I understand why Nintendo is doing this, money is money no matter where it comes from. However, I can't help but to feel like this will divert some attention away from their leading console that is already struggling in the first place.

It may earn them some extra dollars in the short term, but it certainly doesn't help get their longterm console off the ground :/
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 11/4/2013 12:33:59 PM
Nah just plain bad. People have had enough confusion already, we do not need this waste of space. Nintendo seriously needs to drop the Wii like a rock and never look back
#3PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 12:37:36 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Nah just plain bad. People have had enough confusion already, we do not need this waste of space. Nintendo seriously needs to drop the Wii like a rock and never look back

I too think its time to move on, and I mean really, who doesn't own a Wii by now???

They are essentially trying to squeeze blood from a stone at the expense of their new console. I dont like it either :/
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4FishbulbPosted 11/4/2013 12:45:10 PM
I live in Canada where this thing has been around for quite a while.

In my opinion it's a good thing. It pretty much replaced the Wii on shelves but provides a very different look to the Wii U which helps differentiate between them.

In the end, it's just a low-budget gift item for anyone who doesn't already have a Wii. It's not a threat to the Wii U or anything.

It's a trend to release budget versions of hardware at the end of it's life.

Even the NES was re-released when the SNES was released and most recently the PS3 has an 12GB flip-top model.

---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#5PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 12:47:52 PM
Fishbulb posted...
I live in Canada where this thing has been around for quite a while.

In my opinion it's a good thing. It pretty much replaced the Wii on shelves but provides a very different look to the Wii U which helps differentiate between them.

In the end, it's just a low-budget gift item for anyone who doesn't already have a Wii. It's not a threat to the Wii U or anything.

It's a trend to release budget versions of hardware at the end of it's life.

Even the NES was re-released when the SNES was released and most recently the PS3 has an 12GB flip-top model.

True, I guess we wont know until after the holidays if this thing had any kind of negative impact on U sales. It would be different if the U wasn't struggling already, as I could see the two coexisting, but I personally just dont see this idea helping matters much.
---
#6SS4_NamreppivPosted 11/4/2013 6:54:26 PM
Mini Wii will be a cash boost during the holiday, a cheap affordable alternative to the competition. Is it likely to eat a few potential Wii U sales? Sure it will. However, Sony and Microsoft are missing out on potential customers for their respective 'new hardware' by keeping the PS3 and 360 on the market.

One good thing about the Mini Wii is that it does look different compared to the Wii/Wii U, and it's easier to see the difference between it and the Wii U. So in the long run, it could benefit the U.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban