Is Nintendo TRYING to go out of business?

#11StickMen1090Posted 11/4/2013 4:08:30 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
this topic was made using no effort

"Nintendo is not giving their all with the Wii U."
"Your FACE is not giving it all!"

Stay classy, NDF.

might as well stop while you are ahead... only making yourself look silly
---
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
#12Dannyson97Posted 11/4/2013 4:11:35 PM
My only gripe with the company( I actually like Iwata) I can put up some of the other stuff, but Nintendo, MAKE A ******* COMMERCIAL!
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#13SagadegoPosted 11/4/2013 4:15:03 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
StickMen1090 posted...

"Nintendo is not giving their all with the Wii U."
"Your FACE is not giving it all!"

Stay classy, NDF.

Responding like that doesn't make you any better.

---
Now Playing:
Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask/Sonic Lost World/(3ds) Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time (psp) Ni No Kuni(Ps3)
#14EndgamePosted 11/4/2013 5:27:25 PM
they're not making such braindead decisions with 3DS, so I do not believe that they are actually trying to go out of business

.....unless they're making horrible games like Uprising and Awakening with the expectations of people knowing better than to buy them, then, well, lol
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#15Breastmilkn_DipPosted 11/5/2013 7:39:13 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Is Nintendo TRYING to go out of business?

Lmao! Don't know about that but they are, however, literally trolling themselves into obscurity and redundancy. I've been flitting back and forth between France, Spain and (the dive that is) the UK over the last year and have found that the 'post-Wii Nintendo' is all but dead there.

That said, preowned Wiis are still selling at a decent clip but the (mind-bogglingly irrelevant) Wii Mini may as well not exist. Of the dozens of outlets I frequent on a monthly basis, not one had the Wii Mini on their shelves. And that they now plan to afflict this non-event upon the US is proof positive that Nintendo are a lost cause who will only endure via the charity and failings of others.
-
--
---
Oscar See Through Red Eye
#16MantisPowahPosted 11/5/2013 7:41:14 AM
The fact they keep giving away "exclusives" to the 3DS like Smash Brothers, then doing stuff like making the new Nintendo TV shows only playable on 3DS. Tells me they have given up on Wii U and just care about 3DS.
#17Artillatron7Posted 11/5/2013 7:56:11 AM
Here's a list of things nintendo needs to do to get back on top.

(1) Buy Capcom. They're about to go under anyway. It's time to start putting some of those billions to use. I think it's getting to a point where gamers need more exclusive reasons to own a Nintendo home console, and that would be the impetus for most of my decision making. If you want to play Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, Mega Man, Street Fighter, Okami, Dragon's Dogma, Viewtiful Joe, Strider, Breath of Fire, Etc., well, you have to buy a Nintendo console.

(2) Make a strong effort to make the WiiU THE RPG machine. Going back a couple of months, I would have bought Atlus. It's a genre that still has a sizable, and worthwhile fan base (especially in Japan). Having Monolith Soft (X) and Atlus (Persona 5) in the stable would be a very nice start, but it certainly wouldn't end there. I'd get Sega on the move with Skies of Arcadia 2, commission Konami to work on Suikoden 6, get localization deals on Namco's Tales of series, get Level-5 thinking about another Dark Cloud game, make another Shadow Hearts or Tactics Ogre possible, etc.

(3) I would approach Square Enix to fully fund a Final Fantasy 7 remake AND a new Final Fantasy Tactics for the WiiU. Also ask for a Kingdom Hearts 3 port, even if they have to pay for it themselves. It's bad that a major game like that is skipping the Wii U.

(4) Find high-end developers to work on new sports franchises for the WiiU. This would be taking a page from the Sega handbook on what to do when EA wants no part of you.

(5) Get Gamefreak to work on that Wii U Pokemon game that every fan has wanted for years, but hasn't gotten yet. There isn't a better time than now to make that happen already. I don't care if it's just a follow up to colosseum/XD. Just give us something.

(6) Make F-Zero, Star Fox, Metroid, Earthbound, and Kid Icarus on the WiiU happen, while taking a 2 year break on anything Mario. Let's bring other Nintendo IP to the forefront for a few years. If a break isn't possible, then I'd be okay with them keep making mario games as long as it doesn't take away resources from different games.

(7) Market the hell out of just about everything that's going on and coming out.
---
http://imgur.com/HwDwcKL.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wvpAA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ZB6jsD9.jpg http://i.imgur.com/iDDqPot.jpg
#18Rasputin77Posted 11/5/2013 8:16:25 AM
StickMen1090 posted...

Good one. Really got 'em. -__-

squatch22 posted...
StickMen1090 posted...

Now that's odd... you piggybacking onto someone else's thought without adding any input? Now I've seen everything.

StickMen1090 posted...
might as well stop while you are ahead... only making yourself look silly

Look silly? >_> In front of... who, exactly? <_<

I'm always bewildered by how seriously some of you try to 'prove yourself' to a bunch of faceless, nameless strangers on the internet. We're all writing on a gigantic bathroom stall wall right now, metaphorically. I'm not here for e-pride, or e-peen, or to assert any kind of 'board dominance'... that's just silly. This whole thing is silly.

I think some of you really DO live by this mantra, and it's not healthy: http://alturl.com/eh63n
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
GameFAQs needs a stat for "users who angrily tried to PM you but were blocked" XD