Why is Assassin's Creed 4 om Wii U?

#17lightsXIIIPosted 11/4/2013 5:16:47 PM
If Ubisoft is trying to get the best profit, then why spend more of their budget porting a AAA title to a system where it guarantees that the game will flop due to the install base?

AC4 on the Wii U looks nice I guess.
---
...In a Sexual way...
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle is confirmed for a western release in 2014! HYPEEEEEEEE!
#2TransdudePosted 11/4/2013 5:19:57 PM(edited)
Why not? It helps those of us who don't have a Sony or Microsoft console at the moment.

Also, if I heard correctly, the Wii U's architecture is very similar to the PS3's, despite the differences in power.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#37lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 5:20:25 PM
Transdude posted...
Why not? It helps those of us who don't have a Sony or Microsoft console at the moment.

Well, you tell me how successful Black Flag is in general and come back.
---
...In a Sexual way...
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle is confirmed for a western release in 2014! HYPEEEEEEEE!
#4tizzywilkillyouPosted 11/4/2013 5:22:09 PM
Transdude posted...

Also, if I heard correctly, the Wii U's architecture is very similar to the PS3's, despite the differences in power.

You heard incorrectly.

Regardless, Ubi claimed their Wii U launch ports only cost 1 million each. If that's the case, AC3 Wii U turned a profit.
#5GamersTavernPosted 11/4/2013 5:24:26 PM
I don't think the problem here is solely the Wii U's small install base; the other issue seems to be that most of the existing install base isn't interested in the game.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#6DiscostewSMPosted 11/4/2013 5:25:43 PM
7lightsXIII posted...
If Ubisoft is trying to get the best profit, then why spend more of their budget porting a AAA title to a system where it guarantees that the game will flop due to the install base?

So you're saying they shouldn't bring it over to the PS4/XB1 too?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7BongbuddyPosted 11/4/2013 5:27:02 PM
GamersTavern posted...
I don't think the problem here is solely the Wii U's small install base; the other issue seems to be that most of the existing install base isn't interested in the game.

Well duh. Why would Nintendo fans want it? It doesn't have Mario or Zelda in it.
#87lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 5:28:42 PM(edited)
DiscostewSM posted...
7lightsXIII posted...

Except that PS4/X1 will have a big install due to them being the only consoles that are considered "Next-gen"

They also have over 2 million preoders.
---
...In a Sexual way...
#9Rpg AddictPosted 11/4/2013 5:30:46 PM
GamersTavern posted...

A decent part of the install base - especially at this point - could also be people who have the option of picking it up for another system. If you're planning on picking up one of the next-gen systems of have a gaming PC, there's not really much of a reason to pick it up for Wii U. I thought about it, but ultimately off-screen play isn't worth it to me, and the game will look better and be cheaper on my PC when I do eventually pick it up, plus I'll have the option of DLC if I decide that I want it.
---
Space for rent.
#10SychinLegacyPosted 11/4/2013 5:43:16 PM
7lightsXIII posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
7lightsXIII posted...

Except that PS4/X1 will have a big install due to them being the only consoles that are considered "Next-gen"

They also have over 2 million preoders.

So did the wii u