Why is Assassin's Creed 4 om Wii U?

#21oq7sterPosted 11/5/2013 6:12:18 AM
I don't care but I thank them.
The game is gorgeous and fun.
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
http://i.imgur.com/WHRNrBkh.jpg; DDP886 best Troll ever http://i.imgur.com/SH5mU.jpg
#22selfdeztructionPosted 11/8/2013 2:58:43 AM
Bongbuddy posted...
GamersTavern posted...
I don't think the problem here is solely the Wii U's small install base; the other issue seems to be that most of the existing install base isn't interested in the game.

Well duh. Why would Nintendo fans want it? It doesn't have Mario or Zelda in it.

Neither does ME3, Batman AC, BLOPS2, RE:R, CoD Ghosts, Trine 2 or Ducktails BUT I bought thw Wii U versions instead of getting them for my 360, PS3 or PC.

I love being able to get a HD console version AND HD handheld version of a game in a single purchase and that never requires syncing data or losing features when comparing a console version and it's handheld counterpart.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#23Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 11/8/2013 5:02:36 AM
7lightsXIII posted...
If Ubisoft is trying to get the best profit, then why spend more of their budget porting a AAA title to a system where it guarantees that the game will flop due to the install base?

AC4 on the Wii U looks nice I guess.

Why do I get the feeling that if the game had gotten canned before release, that you would be saying how bad it is that the Wii U lost another AAA game.
---
..."go put on your favorite lingerie and streak in your public library while yelling about how sexy you'd look as a dolphin." - Ghasts
#24Neo_HeartlessPosted 11/8/2013 5:24:46 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
Bongbuddy posted...
GamersTavern posted...
I don't think the problem here is solely the Wii U's small install base; the other issue seems to be that most of the existing install base isn't interested in the game.

Well duh. Why would Nintendo fans want it? It doesn't have Mario or Zelda in it.

At risk of being the Nintendo heretic, I'd dare say that Zelda isn't fit to kiss AC's assassin cloak. The Zelda series could learn a thing or two about story telling, scope, and exploration from the AC series.

Taking the amazing setting of an assassin in the middle east as seen by flashbacks, and then going "I'm not saying it was Aliens, but it was Aliens" is not good story telling.

It's an ass-pull of the worst kind.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#25DeathSoul2000Posted 11/8/2013 5:29:14 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
Bongbuddy posted...
GamersTavern posted...

At risk of being the Nintendo heretic, I'd dare say that Zelda isn't fit to kiss AC's assassin cloak. The Zelda series could learn a thing or two about story telling, scope, and exploration from the AC series.

Taking the amazing setting of an assassin in the middle east as seen by flashbacks, and then going "I'm not saying it was Aliens, but it was Aliens" is not good story telling.

Oh yeah because SS's story was truly top notch.
#26REAL_kielbasaPosted 11/8/2013 5:38:10 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
7lightsXIII posted...
If Ubisoft is trying to get the best profit, then why spend more of their budget porting a AAA title to a system where it guarantees that the game will flop due to the install base?

So you're saying they shouldn't bring it over to the PS4/XB1 too?

The difference is that Xbox and Playstation gamers actually buy third-party games in large numbers.

And anyway PS4 (and maybe X1) will almost certainly eclipse Wii U's install base sometime next year.
---
Ponies GTFO
#27Bahamut_10thPosted 11/8/2013 5:38:44 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
Bongbuddy posted...
GamersTavern posted...

Oh yeah because SS's story was truly top notch.

If I cared about the stories THAT much I wouldn't play neither AC or Zelda games... One has a story that would have otherwise been good had it not been plagued by stupid modern day murica segment crap and the other is known for having very simple story telling.
---
What a horrible night to have a grock raid.
#28king_maddenPosted 11/8/2013 6:11:27 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
7lightsXIII posted...

Obviously because their market analyst guys thought there was a profit to be made. I tend to think those guys know more about what their porting cost vs projected profit is than you do. Soooooo..... yeah.

Seeing as though Ubisoft keeps being disappointed with their port sales, Maybe they aren't that aware.

On topic though I think we all know AC4 will sell worst on WiiU than anything else. Low install base + install base that doesn't buy this type of 3rd party game too much anyway, I would be surprised if it gets over 300k
#29king_maddenPosted 11/8/2013 6:16:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30Mandrew257Posted 11/8/2013 6:25:43 AM
7lightsXIII posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
7lightsXIII posted...

So you're saying they shouldn't bring it over to the PS4/XB1 too?

Except that PS4/X1 will have a big install due to them being the only consoles that are considered "Next-gen"

They also have over 2 million preoders.

So did the Wi- *sigh*...you know what forget it.
---
If you're strong, you can fly, you can reach the other siiide, of the rainboooow.