Why does Nintendo let IPs they get from publishing die?

#1iKhan88Posted 11/4/2013 10:28:30 PM
Eternal Darkness, Geist, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower are all Nintendo owned IPs, but they aren't doing anything with them. I expect to see the same happen for Wonderful 101. Why doesn't Nintendo either use these, or sell the IPs and let someone else use them.

I just named a few Nintendo published 3rd party developed games off the top of my head. This wasn't an exhaustive list or anything.
---
Any sig ideas?
#2BongbuddyPosted 11/4/2013 10:43:32 PM
Because if they got someone to work on those game IP's then who would they get to work on the 20 new Mario games they're going to release next year?
#3iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:46:33 PM
Bongbuddy posted...
Because if they got someone to work on those game IP's then who would they get to work on the 20 new Mario games they're going to release next year?

Take your crap back and get out of my topic if you have nothing legitimate to say.
---
Any sig ideas?
#4BongbuddyPosted 11/4/2013 10:47:35 PM
iKhan88 posted...
Bongbuddy posted...

Take your crap back and get out of my topic if you have nothing legitimate to say.

lol you know it's true. ;)
#5iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:48:57 PM
Bongbuddy posted...
iKhan88 posted...
Bongbuddy posted...

Not really. There are tons of different Mario franchises. Mario is just the skin they put on to sell well.
---
Any sig ideas?
#6BongbuddyPosted 11/4/2013 10:50:16 PM
iKhan88 posted...
Bongbuddy posted...
iKhan88 posted...
Bongbuddy posted...

Not really. There are tons of different Mario franchises. Mario is just the skin they put on to sell well.

Yeah. Thanks for stating the obvious.
#7UponADarkThornePosted 11/4/2013 10:51:48 PM
Why does every game need to become a franchise?

Sure, I'd love to see another Eternal Darkness game but at the same time the whole idea that every game needs a sequel is a little strange to me. Hell, rather than a new Eternal Darkness, I'd love for Nintendo to make a new survival horror game with similar game mechanics that's actually set in, rather than inspired by, the Cthulhu Mythos considering that the stories are public domain.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2680-9395-3914
Friend Safari (Dragon): Fraxure, Noibat, ????
#8AiddonPosted 11/4/2013 10:53:13 PM
this thread is now about bacon
#9IcedEarthaholicPosted 11/4/2013 10:55:13 PM
We can't forget the Fatal Frame debacle as well, bet many of you didn't know a remake of the second Fatal Frame was released in Japan and Europe last year for the Wii, guess what? Never made it to the states. I kept predicting that the Wii U was going to suffer in sales as a result of incompetence from management of both games and hardware, turns out I was right.

No I am not hating here, I love my Wii U, and I want to see Nintendo finally pull out the big guns and do well with the sucker, but let's face it. They need to clean house, and they need to do it bad! How is this relevant you ask? Let me put it to you this way, Fatal Frame is partially owned by Nintendo these days.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#10Lefty128kPosted 11/4/2013 10:55:30 PM
Nintendo can't dilute the plumbers brand-power by letting too many other titles come to prominence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mario_games

Nintendo released at least 6 Mario franchise games in 2013.
8 if you also count Mario & DK Minis on the move, and Mario & Sonic 2014 Olympics.

So basically, a Mario franchise title every 2 months or so if you average it out.