Is the Wii U doing better or worse than the N64 or Gamecube did?

#21REAL_kielbasaPosted 11/5/2013 4:09:02 PM
We are in the mist of a global recession. It's not fair to compare sales from now to sales 10+ years ago when the economy was strong.

Wii U sales will take off once the price drop and bundles hit, just like 3DS did.

PS4 and X1 are going to have an even tougher 1st year, mark my words.

Lrn2economics.
#22Paulf001Posted 11/5/2013 4:37:25 PM
The main problem with N64 and GC was they had shorter lifespans then their competition PS1 and PS2. So they had much smaller library of games.
#23Ryan SiPosted 11/5/2013 5:32:47 PM
Lots of people I knew (at the time) had N64s, nobody I knew (minus a couple of young cousin's of mine) had a Gamecube.
---
PSN: Ryan_Si | Steam: Ryan_ML
Playing: GTAV (PS3), TMNT: OotS (PC), DKC: R (Wii)
#24jairusmonillasPosted 11/5/2013 5:41:10 PM
gfaqster posted...
QlJGamer posted...
YOU were like the only person to own one. I remember that

well that I personally knew yes.

I mean none of my friends owned a gamecube they all had ps2 or xbox.
and right now I haven't met a single gamer that is my friend that owns a wii u they are all getting ps4 or xbone and either already have a 360 or ps3.

xbox? are you sure about putting ps2 besides xbox? just for the record, PS2 dominated BOTH XBOX AND GAMECUBE.

PS2 was all over the place, xbox was on the same boat as gamecube.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#25gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 3:21:00 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
gfaqster posted...
QlJGamer posted...
YOU were like the only person to own one. I remember that

well that I personally knew yes.

I mean none of my friends owned a gamecube they all had ps2 or xbox.
and right now I haven't met a single gamer that is my friend that owns a wii u they are all getting ps4 or xbone and either already have a 360 or ps3.

xbox? are you sure about putting ps2 besides xbox? just for the record, PS2 dominated BOTH XBOX AND GAMECUBE.

PS2 was all over the place, xbox was on the same boat as gamecube.

yeah but I didn't know anyone that owned a gamecube.
I only knew a few fps Halo fanatics that owned Xbox or a PS2.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#26JurassicBondPosted 11/6/2013 4:15:35 AM
I can add to the gloom and doom topics by saying none I'd my friends have a Wii U either, but I don't really have any friends that game.
---
Reading: 11/22/63 - Stephen King
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#27Bahamut_10thPosted 11/6/2013 4:37:02 AM
People need to wait for PS4 and Xbox One's first year total sales before calling Wii U a failure.

But yes, so far it's been selling less than the Gamecube.

And I was one of the people who ended ditching gamecube for a PS2. Simply because Gamecube's library sucked so bad comparatively. It didn't help most of its 1st party titles were mediocre entries, like Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros Melee, Star Fox Adventure, etc.
---
Learn to report topics and posts: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/?cat=18
And stop flooding.
#28slymshadyPosted 11/6/2013 4:55:20 AM
Like the wii, the games have more if a 2d retro field as opposed to the n64 or GameCube. I know the n64 was the infancy of 3d games, but I'd rather play a well polished 2d game then a poor 3d one
#29El_Mariachi_484Posted 11/6/2013 9:37:37 AM
I've had a Wii U since day 1 and I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan. It's gotten a lot of play in my house with me, my family and my friends. Still, I'll probably get a PS4 next year and the XB1 either then or 2015 because there are just too many 3rd party games too miss out on.

As long as Nintendo supports the Wii U, I'll be happy. Even if it's like a new party game and/or new 1st party game ever 4-5 months or so, I'll feel like I got my money's worth.

I understand owning multiple systems is not an option for a lot of people, but I can only speak for myself. The Wii U is an excellent supplementary system.
---
There comes a point in every young man's life when he realizes he will never be as cool as A.C. Slater
#30gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 2:20:56 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
People need to wait for PS4 and Xbox One's first year total sales before calling Wii U a failure.

But yes, so far it's been selling less than the Gamecube.

And I was one of the people who ended ditching gamecube for a PS2. Simply because Gamecube's library sucked so bad comparatively. It didn't help most of its 1st party titles were mediocre entries, like Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros Melee, Star Fox Adventure, etc.

wow you ditched it?
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-