Iwata Believes The PlayStation 4 And Xbox One Launches Are Good For Nintendo

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Iwata Believes The PlayStation 4 And Xbox One Launches Are Good For Nintendo
2 years ago#1
Not sure if serious Iwata.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/05/iwata-believes-the-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-launches-are-good-for-nintendo
---
PSN = Dragon--Punch Gamertag = Sonic B0000M
PS4 & Xbox One Pre Ordered And Paid For. Wii U = Sold
2 years ago#2
Wii U units could spontaneously catch fire and Iwata would say it's a good thing because it draws attention to blah blah and people will see that Nintendo stands behind blah blah.
2 years ago#3
Worked on me at least. All the good Xbox one titles coming to 360 and the announcement for brawl Zelda wii u and the trailers for 3d world
Won me over pretty fast...
2 years ago#4
"We decided not to compete at all, so when the competition comes out, we can write it off as not a threat to the interest of our console."

That's what I got out of that. It's more alarming that he basically wrote off the core audience in favor of family / casuals. He's still literally chasing the Wii audience again instead of trying something else.
---
Rock, Paper, Snorlax.
Snorlax always wins.
2 years ago#5
well he has a point if parents are buying the system and just making price comparisons and software output. I wouldn't buy an xbone on launch or in the first 6 months because it has no compelling software. At least ps4 has some decent exclusives

Also, new Mario 3d game? Bound to sell some systems along with bundles and $300
---
Animal Crossing NL Dream: 5399-2276-5180
White Version FC: 0991-1102-7167
2 years ago#6
NovaLevossida posted...
"We decided not to compete at all, so when the competition comes out, we can write it off as not a threat to the interest of our console."

That's what I got out of that. It's more alarming that he basically wrote off the core audience in favor of family / casuals. He's still literally chasing the Wii audience again instead of trying something else.

Yup. 'Catering to the core gamers first' took too much out of them I guess. But to be fair, they gave up way too quickly.
2 years ago#7
Haha, the old "not really competition" dismissal. Said the same thing for the Wii, yet fanboys keep saying it won.

So I guess we can say the Wii U is about to get destroyed by this non-competition.
2 years ago#8
csalvi42 posted...
well he has a point if parents are buying the system and just making price comparisons and software output. I wouldn't buy an xbone on launch or in the first 6 months because it has no compelling software. At least ps4 has some decent exclusives

They said that about Pikmin, Wonderful 101. Them games shifted zero consoles.
---
PSN = Dragon--Punch Gamertag = Sonic B0000M
PS4 & Xbox One Pre Ordered And Paid For. Wii U = Sold
2 years ago#9
thats cool and all but what about the people who are diehard nintendo fans who are looking for less family friendly games and more skilled options on the console?

I mean the 3ds is flooded with both quality "hardcore" titles that requires tons of skill and easy casual ones, why can't the wii u be the same?
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
2 years ago#10
s2good posted...
csalvi42 posted...

They said that about Pikmin, Wonderful 101. Them games shifted zero consoles.

Are you seriously implying 3D Mario won't sell consoles? Lmfao.
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Iwata Believes The PlayStation 4 And Xbox One Launches Are Good For Nintendo

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived