Iwata Believes The PlayStation 4 And Xbox One Launches Are Good For Nintendo

#1s2goodPosted 11/5/2013 11:07:44 AM
Not sure if serious Iwata.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/05/iwata-believes-the-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-launches-are-good-for-nintendo
---
PSN = Dragon--Punch Gamertag = Sonic B0000M
PS4 & Xbox One Pre Ordered And Paid For. Wii U = Sold
#2LvthnPosted 11/5/2013 11:11:15 AM
Wii U units could spontaneously catch fire and Iwata would say it's a good thing because it draws attention to blah blah and people will see that Nintendo stands behind blah blah.
#3StevenTheGamblePosted 11/5/2013 11:11:16 AM
Worked on me at least. All the good Xbox one titles coming to 360 and the announcement for brawl Zelda wii u and the trailers for 3d world
Won me over pretty fast...
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 11/5/2013 11:12:17 AM
"We decided not to compete at all, so when the competition comes out, we can write it off as not a threat to the interest of our console."

That's what I got out of that. It's more alarming that he basically wrote off the core audience in favor of family / casuals. He's still literally chasing the Wii audience again instead of trying something else.
---
Rock, Paper, Snorlax.
Snorlax always wins.
#5csalvi42Posted 11/5/2013 11:14:50 AM
well he has a point if parents are buying the system and just making price comparisons and software output. I wouldn't buy an xbone on launch or in the first 6 months because it has no compelling software. At least ps4 has some decent exclusives

Also, new Mario 3d game? Bound to sell some systems along with bundles and $300
---
Animal Crossing NL Dream: 5399-2276-5180
White Version FC: 0991-1102-7167
#6Tom_Green_IIPosted 11/5/2013 11:15:05 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
"We decided not to compete at all, so when the competition comes out, we can write it off as not a threat to the interest of our console."

That's what I got out of that. It's more alarming that he basically wrote off the core audience in favor of family / casuals. He's still literally chasing the Wii audience again instead of trying something else.

Yup. 'Catering to the core gamers first' took too much out of them I guess. But to be fair, they gave up way too quickly.
#7Golden MavenPosted 11/5/2013 11:16:03 AM
Haha, the old "not really competition" dismissal. Said the same thing for the Wii, yet fanboys keep saying it won.

So I guess we can say the Wii U is about to get destroyed by this non-competition.
#8s2good(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 11:17:50 AM
csalvi42 posted...
well he has a point if parents are buying the system and just making price comparisons and software output. I wouldn't buy an xbone on launch or in the first 6 months because it has no compelling software. At least ps4 has some decent exclusives

They said that about Pikmin, Wonderful 101. Them games shifted zero consoles.
---
PSN = Dragon--Punch Gamertag = Sonic B0000M
PS4 & Xbox One Pre Ordered And Paid For. Wii U = Sold
#9kukingina2Posted 11/5/2013 11:18:02 AM
thats cool and all but what about the people who are diehard nintendo fans who are looking for less family friendly games and more skilled options on the console?

I mean the 3ds is flooded with both quality "hardcore" titles that requires tons of skill and easy casual ones, why can't the wii u be the same?
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#10HungoverHero777Posted 11/5/2013 11:19:38 AM
s2good posted...
csalvi42 posted...

They said that about Pikmin, Wonderful 101. Them games shifted zero consoles.

Are you seriously implying 3D Mario won't sell consoles? Lmfao.
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.