Iwata Believes The PlayStation 4 And Xbox One Launches Are Good For Nintendo

#81Eordaz9634Posted 11/5/2013 8:12:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#82Sad_FacePosted 11/5/2013 8:29:11 PM
No, you don't know the games are coming out next year. They are scheduled to come out next year. That's the big difference. DK was scheduled for this holiday season. It's now February. All the delays at launch window and now DK... You can't definitively say that anything will come out on time. You can hope, but you don't know. With all the delays Brawl had, it's very likely that Smash could be delayed. X and Mario Kart? Possible. We all hope not, but again, we don't know.

Okay, fine. I know the games I want are scheduled to come out next year. Happy? And realize your argument applies to every game in the industry since crap happens. Either way, faulting Nintendo for doing their major push for the hardcore next year, where they have relevant games [scheduled] for next year and the casuals this winter, where they have relevant games for that demographic coming out this winter, doesn't make any sense.
#83linkumsPosted 11/5/2013 8:48:24 PM
~shareholders~
---
Latest: "Kirby's Return to Dreamland is too good to not get played"
http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com
#84NolaxPosted 11/5/2013 8:53:05 PM
Not even interested in next gen gaming myself, have my gaming pc, ps3 and 3ds and that's all i need. :)
#85NovaLevossidaPosted 11/5/2013 8:59:09 PM(edited)
Sad_Face posted...
No, you don't know the games are coming out next year. They are scheduled to come out next year. That's the big difference. DK was scheduled for this holiday season. It's now February. All the delays at launch window and now DK... You can't definitively say that anything will come out on time. You can hope, but you don't know. With all the delays Brawl had, it's very likely that Smash could be delayed. X and Mario Kart? Possible. We all hope not, but again, we don't know.

Okay, fine. I know the games I want are scheduled to come out next year. Happy? And realize your argument applies to every game in the industry since crap happens. Either way, faulting Nintendo for doing their major push for the hardcore next year, where they have relevant games [scheduled] for next year and the casuals this winter, where they have relevant games for that demographic coming out this winter, doesn't make any sense.

Naturally the argument applies for every game in the industry. Look at Watch Dogs and The Crew. However, between the three consoles? Nintendo has had the most software delays than any other big publisher in a long time. Just based on what I've seen so far, all I'm saying is to not get too excited for TBA 2014 titles.

Edit: To be fair, Ubisoft is really competing for the "most delayed games in a year" category! So, there's one publisher with about as many delays.
---
Rock, Paper, Snorlax.
Snorlax always wins.
#86jrb363Posted 11/5/2013 9:27:13 PM
magemaximus posted...
"the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast."

This
---
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Personally i prefer 720p. 1080p is just too many pixels
#87LordrvPosted 11/7/2013 2:48:55 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
s2good posted...
csalvi42 posted...
well he has a point if parents are buying the system and just making price comparisons and software output. I wouldn't buy an xbone on launch or in the first 6 months because it has no compelling software. At least ps4 has some decent exclusives

Also, new Mario 3d game? Bound to sell some systems along with bundles and $300

They said that about Pikmin, Wonderful 101. Them games shifted zero consoles.

Are you seriously implying 3D Mario won't sell consoles? Lmfao.

3d mario world isn't a true 3D mario in the vein of Mario 64, so no, it won't . It's just a isometric version of NSMB for chrissakes ppl are tired of this...
#88ssjgohhkuPosted 11/11/2013 4:38:15 PM
PS4 and X1 will catapult Wii U sales to the moon.
#89squatch22Posted 11/11/2013 4:39:54 PM
Lordrv posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...
s2good posted...
csalvi42 posted...
well he has a point if parents are buying the system and just making price comparisons and software output. I wouldn't buy an xbone on launch or in the first 6 months because it has no compelling software. At least ps4 has some decent exclusives

Also, new Mario 3d game? Bound to sell some systems along with bundles and $300

They said that about Pikmin, Wonderful 101. Them games shifted zero consoles.

Are you seriously implying 3D Mario won't sell consoles? Lmfao.

3d mario world isn't a true 3D mario in the vein of Mario 64, so no, it won't . It's just a isometric version of NSMB for chrissakes ppl are tired of this...

Thats why the 3DS version sold over 5 million...
---
Nintendo FTW. Sonic Lost World is actually pretty good.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#90Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 11/11/2013 4:43:52 PM
jrb363 posted...
magemaximus posted...
"the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast."

This