I like Iwata

#21VanderZooPosted 11/6/2013 9:03:47 PM
gold163 posted...
AceMos posted...
VanderZoo posted...
I think he's a very nice guy, but as I've always said, he doesn't understand the core gamer.

the core gamer dont understand the core gamer

Seriously, this. What the hell does "core gamer" mean?

Someone who plays games as one of their main hobbies.
---
Are you a hater, or a defender?
#22AceMosPosted 11/6/2013 9:05:30 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
gold163 posted...
AceMos posted...
VanderZoo posted...
I think he's a very nice guy, but as I've always said, he doesn't understand the core gamer.

the core gamer dont understand the core gamer

Seriously, this. What the hell does "core gamer" mean? It's supposed to be some sort of marketing term used by people in the industry to explain their target audience. Meanwhile, random internet blowhards misappropriated the phrase as an elitist self-descriptor because they think it sounds cool to be part of a non-existent clique of gamers.

Core gamer is the term for the people who built up the console manufacturers and software publishers before they stepped on them and trampled them in hopes of getting more sales through casual gamers. Nintendo's the worst offender but you see it a lot in recent years with lots of companies wanting some of that casual buyer crowd Call of Duty has going for it (ie, look at what Resident Evil has become).

the ps1 and ps2 whre verry casual consoles you know
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#23UponADarkThornePosted 11/6/2013 11:08:46 PM
VanderZoo posted...
SychinLegacy posted...
VanderZoo posted...

Not catering to the "core gamer" is a good thing.

Why? That's a strange comment coming from someone on an internet gaming message board.

I can't speak for anyone in this thread other than myself but I ****ing hate the "core gamer". He is the reason why FPS have regenerating health and awful single player campaigns, why computer-style RPGs are removing statistics and builds so it can be easily picked up and played, and why so many games are so goddamn serious.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2680-9395-3914
Friend Safari (Dragon): Fraxure, Noibat, ????