Are you happy with Nintendo?

#1iKhan88Posted 11/5/2013 9:43:11 PM
I'm not. The Wii U feels like an abandonment of what made the Wii great for something that doesn't seem all that useful. Games are sparse as well, and the advertising is rather hit or miss. They don't seem to understand how to sell the original Wii, instead putting out a hunk of garbage in the Wii Mini. On the games side, Nintendo seems to only want to focus on 2D platformers, which I'm really not a fan of, and SM3DW abandons the hub and life systems of Mario Galaxy that I miss so much (still looks amazing though)

I'll defend Nintendo and Iwata for quite a bit, but I'm really being let down this year.
---
Any sig ideas?
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 11/5/2013 9:45:27 PM
Nope. 3D World looks to be the first title I'll really enjoy. Everything else is TBA 2014.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#3Motobug321Posted 11/5/2013 9:54:13 PM
I'm extremely happy with Nintendo and the Wii U. This year alone I've had so much fun with Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, New Super Luigi U, Wind Waker HD, Sonic Lost World, Rayman Legends, etc.

And that's not even to mention the amazing status of the 3DS.

So yes, I'm very happy.
#4LifelessBoyPosted 11/5/2013 9:55:02 PM
I'm very happy with the 3DS.

WiiU on the other hand... *barfs*
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessFather - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko - Day Z: Will The Thrill
#5MikasaAyanamiPosted 11/5/2013 9:56:53 PM
Nintendo always makes happy!
#6GuhGatPosted 11/5/2013 10:12:18 PM
I have four major hobbies that I take to the extent that I post online. In each of these hobbies I have companies which I believe are so terrible that I have to train myself to ignore. Of all these endless companies, there's one that is so terrible that I can't bring myself to not post terrible things about.

That company is nintendo. An entity so aweful that it ruins my belief that videogames can be world changing someday. This is a company that leaches off its fanbase and makes it so obvious that it has become an industry-wide laughing stock.

In fact, the idea that the whole videogaming lasdscape hates nintendo (except for a few), restores my faith in the video game industry.

I can't express my hate enough for Nintendo. They are a cancer, a leach. They are sewage. And that's as nice as I can put it.

I hope these comments are okay on this site. They don't even come close to expressing the filth that I believe nintendo has become.
#7moogle69Posted 11/5/2013 10:20:26 PM
I believe nintendo will be the only company making good games this gen, so yeah, im gonna stick with them.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
FFXV, KH3, MONOLITH X, MK8, SSBU, LOZ:U
#8GuhGatPosted 11/5/2013 10:26:18 PM
moogle69 posted...
I believe nintendo will be the only company making good games this gen, so yeah, im gonna stick with them.

You can't possibly believe this. There's like a few nintendo games that will even HAPPEN this gen. All the big releases for all the other exculsives, and multiplats, will happen on the other systems.

You can't possibly believe what you wrote. I see this kind of stuff on gamefaqs all the time and I know, nobody can possibly believe this. It can't happen in a rational world. You have to be just standing by your favorite company, that's what it HAS to be. I will never believe a gamer can think the way you do.
#9TalentedMPosted 11/5/2013 10:26:39 PM
Meh.

Happy? Sure. The games they put out have been great, they seem to have a vision of where they want to be and where they want to fit themselves with gamers of all walks and I think they have a product plenty worthy of their niche.

The games have been pretty rock solid in presentation and lacking in marketing. Other than that I would say the Wii U is a great fit for a family or the average gamer, in time I expect a lot of people to come around to it. Kind of like the DS/3DS.

I am a little less jugemental about it right now. It seems like it spreads pretty well and a lot of people judge before they even get their hands on it.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#10GuyFawkes5Posted 11/5/2013 10:27:27 PM
I am
---
Technology keeps advancing, but we as humans are dead.