Keeping the gamepad turned off

#1takefivetakesPosted 11/6/2013 5:23:00 PM
So I just picked up a WiiU. I don't really like using the gamepad and prefer to just use the Wiimote. I've figured out how to turn off the "screen" on the gamepad (which seems to turn off the entire controller actually) but is there a way that I don't have to go through the multi screen process of doing that every time I turn the WiiU on?
#2VelariosPosted 11/6/2013 5:24:22 PM
If you hold the power button on the controller down while the console is booting up, it shuts off.
---
3DS FC: 4098-2368-7321
NNID: Velarios
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 11/6/2013 5:38:36 PM
takefivetakes posted...
So I just picked up a WiiU. I don't really like using the gamepad and prefer to just use the Wiimote. I've figured out how to turn off the "screen" on the gamepad (which seems to turn off the entire controller actually) but is there a way that I don't have to go through the multi screen process of doing that every time I turn the WiiU on?

Let the gamepad run out of battery power. Plug it up if you need to use it / charge it. Seriously. It's a real glaring oversight that they force the gamepad to turn on no matter what controller you're using.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#4GamerRafPosted 11/6/2013 6:03:25 PM
I hate that too about the gamepad. I just hope they implement something more convenient like pressing the home button and make it an option there.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012