Gamepad range problems

#1kingoffpsPosted 11/7/2013 4:44:37 PM
It only works about 6 feet away even when there is a direct line of sight.

My girlfriend reports it not working even when about a metre away when in a different room away from the router.

Is my Gamepad broken?
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#2BongbuddyPosted 11/7/2013 5:35:39 PM
Nope, that's how far it goes before losing connection. The range on the Wii U's gamepad is laughably bad. Congratulations on your amazing purchase.
#3bezlaskezPosted 11/7/2013 5:42:17 PM
Bongbuddy posted...
Nope, that's how far it goes before losing connection. The range on the Wii U's gamepad is laughably bad. Congratulations on your amazing purchase.

Its range is laughably bad? How far away can you get from your other consoles with a wireless controller and still see the screen? PS3/XBox/Big Picture Mode can't be used around corners, what stupid ripoffs. Nor can my eyes. I'm pulling them out of my head and ruing my bad purchase.

Gamepad isn't a handheld tacked on to a console, it's a wireless controller with a second screen. If they'd said it came with a portable user interface your complaint would be valid, but that's just a (bad) excuse used by people who haven't thought through their argument.

On topic, TC that sounds like a valid complaint. I'm currently sitting a good 3-4 meters back from the console and it's working just fine. I'd call tech support if I were you rather than hoping for any real help here.
#4RahzarXPosted 11/7/2013 5:43:44 PM
The gamepad has a range of over 30 feet. You probably have other wireless peripherals in between the console and gamepad which are causing interference.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#5SlaysmePosted 11/7/2013 5:44:03 PM
kingoffps posted...

My girlfriend reports it not working even when about a metre away when in a different room away from the router.

Is my Gamepad broken?

Although the range is limited, it's not that limited.
---
Book reader master race. What now, chumps?
3ds FC-5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme nnid-smallwoodfamily
#6stekim40Posted 11/7/2013 5:51:41 PM
kingoffps posted...

Is my Gamepad broken?

Nope thats normal.. and the battery life is about 2-3 hrs max..

LOL next gen my backside :D
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#7userfrigginamePosted 11/7/2013 5:54:52 PM
I've been able to play it in another room about at least 15 ft. away, although it does sometimes lose connection.