IGN found an infinite life cheat in Mario 3D World.. says "you'll need them"

#1The_RamiPosted 11/7/2013 7:39:47 PM
10/10
GOTY
CONFIRMED
---
Currently playing: GTA V, Beyond: Two Souls, LOZ: A Link to the Past, Pokemon Y, NBA 2K13
Most Anticipated: Super Mario 3D World, LOZ: A Link Between Worlds
#2segagamerPosted 11/7/2013 7:40:55 PM
What about that German place that said the game was extremely easy?
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
NNID: JZimino
#3The_Shadow_LinkPosted 11/7/2013 7:42:04 PM
Rayman Legends drops the lives entirely and just gives you no nonsense challenging levels that you don't have to waste time grinding lives for.

GOTY Fools.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#4Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 11/7/2013 7:47:00 PM
I thought if you died you just turned white and couldn't die.

I saw pictures even

So why would need the lives?
#5DrSouljaBoi69Posted 11/7/2013 7:49:18 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Rayman Legends drops the lives entirely and just gives you no nonsense challenging levels that you don't have to waste time grinding lives for.

GOTY Fools.

agreed
#6The_Rami(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 7:51:38 PM

GOTY Fools.

Lives are a part of Mario games, deal with it. You don't even grind for anything, what are you talking about?
---
Currently playing: GTA V, Beyond: Two Souls, LOZ: A Link to the Past, Pokemon Y, NBA 2K13
#7The_Shadow_LinkPosted 11/7/2013 7:55:12 PM
The_Rami posted...

GOTY Fools.

Lives are a part of Mario games, deal with it. You don't even grind for anything, what are you talking about?

You grind for Lives, duh. Those moments you are wasting away getting up to 99+ Lives? I'm already half way into the next level in Rayman Legends.

Heck, even if saying you need them doesn't mean the levels are hard. Could mean the levels are full of lame instant death traps that just become tedious to deal with.
---
#8The_Rami(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 7:57:50 PM
The_Rami posted...

GOTY Fools.

You grind for Lives, duh. Those moments you are wasting away getting up to 99+ Lives? I'm already half way into the next level in Rayman Legends.

Heck, even if saying you need them doesn't mean the levels are hard. Could mean the levels are full of lame instant death traps that just become tedious to deal with.

What modern Mario game made you grind for levels? Even when you get a gameover you don't have to replay levels.
---
#9The_Shadow_LinkPosted 11/7/2013 8:12:43 PM(edited)
The_Rami posted...
The_Rami posted...

GOTY Fools.

What modern Mario game made you grind for levels? Even when you get a gameover you don't have to replay levels.

Lives, not levels. New Super Luigi U immediately springs to mind as a game you'll probably be grinding for lives in.

And yes, if you Game-Over in that game, you do have to replay levels. You get sent back to the beginning of the world or to the fortress depending on if you've beat the fortress or not.
---
#10Fenrir-JuubiPosted 11/7/2013 8:10:58 PM
It's not like the game is so hard you need it.
Except in the bonus levels. But I'm not sure if the lives will be useful if you had to restart in the beginning of the level like the last galaxy in SMG2.
---
"Now, struggle! Suffer! Kill! Show me! Dance around like the little Xbots you are! Your sad, wretched screams will open up the FIFTH CONSOLE WAR!"