My Wii U refuses to connect to the internet anymore.

#11XquesterPosted 11/7/2013 8:38:40 PM
I have this exact problem starting tonight too. Nothing I try works including that sticky post and resetting everything. I was connected when I fist booted up the Wii U apparently because the Miiverse plaza worked, but when I tried to go to the eShop it failed and now the Wii U refuses to connect to wifi.

Did you have any luck yet?
---
3DS Friend Code: 5171-9679-0296
Nintendo Network ID: NinjaMomo
#12Typertron(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 8:58:41 PM
Waggy17 posted...
Rather than editing settings manually with the Wii U, change your router settings instead and let the Wii U connect automatically.

I would recommend not to just give your Wii U a static IP like that because you could end up with an IP conflict.

Set up Automatic DHCP with MAC address reservation and assign your Wii U a static address that way.

If you're going to use custom DNS settings, that can also be changed through router settings.

Make sure you have your wireless security set up properly in your router settings. I recommend WPA2 with AES encryption, or at least WPA.

Try to use a wireless channel that isn't getting used by other access points, or is as far away from other channels being used.

DD-WRT is a great free firmware that can be flashed on many routers, and adds a lot of features that can improve your router.

Unfortunately for compicated reasons, I can't change the settings of my router. (At least not using a web browser.)
---
3ds FC: 4656 - 6564 - 7015
#13Typertron(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 9:14:32 PM
:(
---
3ds FC: 4656 - 6564 - 7015
#14XquesterPosted 11/7/2013 9:26:36 PM
This is driving me crazy too. Can't be a coincidence that it hit us both simultaneously?
---
#151shadetail1Posted 11/7/2013 9:34:13 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Have you read and agreed to the updated online policy yet?

---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#16XquesterPosted 11/7/2013 9:35:15 PM
I did about a month back, and currently I have no such option.
---
#17Waggy17Posted 11/8/2013 4:04:17 AM
Typertron posted...
Waggy17 posted...
Rather than editing settings manually with the Wii U, change your router settings instead and let the Wii U connect automatically.

I would recommend not to just give your Wii U a static IP like that because you could end up with an IP conflict.

Set up Automatic DHCP with MAC address reservation and assign your Wii U a static address that way.

If you're going to use custom DNS settings, that can also be changed through router settings.

Make sure you have your wireless security set up properly in your router settings. I recommend WPA2 with AES encryption, or at least WPA.

Try to use a wireless channel that isn't getting used by other access points, or is as far away from other channels being used.

DD-WRT is a great free firmware that can be flashed on many routers, and adds a lot of features that can improve your router.

Unfortunately for compicated reasons, I can't change the settings of my router. (At least not using a web browser.)

What complicated reasons? I'm guessing that your parents won't give you access to the routers settings, because most routers include a web-based GUI, and most routers will allow a reset to factory settings.
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg