Can Nintendo really shoulder the entire Wii U library?

#1Second_HokagePosted 11/7/2013 7:08:49 PM
Its hard to imagine that they will shoulder the entire burden of releasing games, but can they pull it off? They did with 3DS.
#2Dannyson97Posted 11/7/2013 7:37:56 PM(edited)
I'm sure they won't have to they'll get a few 3rd parties with them. And they will have more then the ones announced this far, So far announced Smash Bros, Mario kart, Bayonneta 2, X, Donkey Kong, I'm sure we can expect a few more from big N and a few 3rd parties.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#3JobocanPosted 11/7/2013 7:41:37 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
They did with 3DS.

And the N64, and the Gamecube, and the Wii.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#4SyCo_VeNoMPosted 11/7/2013 7:41:47 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
Its hard to imagine that they will shoulder the entire burden of releasing games, but can they pull it off? They did with 3DS.

and the game cube
#5EGMRULZPosted 11/7/2013 8:13:21 PM
If Nintendo can get its act together and release at least one game each month or every two months then I think that will help. But of course it is a huge undertaking and they won't be able to fill in every single genre.

But, of course, knowing Nintendo they really like to take their time with the game releases so I can't really see that happening. There will always be demand for Nintendo games. But I think that the longer wait between each new release is what is hurting them as that is both lost revenue and possibly lost consumers on their end.
---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#6kdognumba1Posted 11/7/2013 8:29:20 PM
I'd say yes. They've already started releasing games at a rapid pace. Wii Party U, Wii Fit U, and Wii Sports Club were about 2 weeks apart. Before that you had Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, NSL U, and Warioware which all came out in a 3 month time span. In a few weeks we'll have SMB3dWorld. Their pacing with releases is pretty quick right now.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#7big_pimperPosted 11/7/2013 8:31:21 PM
nintendo is only ones who can sustain their own console.. imagine a psbox with no battlefield, madden or call of derp.. but theres knack and other indies
---
3DS FC: 5343-8629-6662
PC+Wii U+ 3DS XL Master Race
#8FuzzyJelloPosted 11/7/2013 8:47:29 PM
Given that we can build a premature case for the Wii U being a repeat of the N64 than the Gamecube, they'd better. And as someone who enjoyed the more balanced experience of the Gamecube (and Wii, for that matter, at least the way I played), I really hate saying that.

big_pimper posted...
nintendo is only ones who can sustain their own console.. imagine a psbox with no battlefield, madden or call of derp.. but theres knack and other indies

Microsoft has that problem, Sony doesn't; say what you will about its first party games, but Sony legitimately has stuff you don't get anywhere else. Microsoft, if and when the Xbone can shrug off the 360's legacy, has Halo and brand loyalty. The other two do to, it's been one of Nintendo's cornerstones since the N64, but not around a single series.

Jobocan posted...
Second_Hokage posted...
They did with 3DS.

And the N64, and the Gamecube, and the Wii.

We're talking game library, though, not sales, in which case the 3DS and to a lesser extent the Wii (For Monster Hunter 3, if nothing else) don't qualify, there are third-party reasons to buy both. Gamecube and N64 did not have nearly enough to claim that luxury for most people, aside perhaps those that bought Cubes for RE4 on release.
#9YoyokuKOPosted 11/7/2013 9:02:19 PM
melee
prime
prime 2
wind waker
custom robo
paper mario
double dash
baten kaitos
baten kaitos 2
animal crossing
chibi robo
donkey kong jungle beats
kongo
f zero gx
path of radiance
4 swords adventure
luigi's mansion
pikmin
pikmin 2
pokemon colosseum
gale of darkness
sunshine
wario world

...they can, but they shouldn't.
#10tuna-eggPosted 11/7/2013 10:13:43 PM
I think they can. 90% of the software I'm interested in is Nintendo-developed anyway.