Do you have a screen protector on your gamepad?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you have a screen protector on your gamepad?
2 years ago#1
Does the screen get scratched easily or is it like the 3DS touchscreen?
Currently playing: GTA V, Beyond: Two Souls, LOZ: A Link to the Past, Pokemon Y, NBA 2K13
Most Anticipated: Super Mario 3D World, LOZ: A Link Between Worlds
2 years ago#2
I did but dust kept getting caught under it no matter what I did so I got rid of it. I have a few scratches but it's not really noticeable.
Pic of the Day......
2 years ago#3
I don't have one on mine. But I don't savagely beat my devices with the stylus or have little kids using it.

So far no scratches and I am a launch owner. Though I do think that it can get scratched carelessly, I just never bother with protectors as they always make the screen look weird and I refuse to believe that a thin piece of plastic is going to protect a whole lot.
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
2 years ago#4
my home button is scratched a lot...
really shouldn't have traced the grooves with the stylus
2 years ago#5
Yep. all screens get scratches from use
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
2 years ago#6
If you're strong, you can fly, you can reach the other siiide, of the rainboooow.
2 years ago#7
Yeah, I can put them on decently since I work at an electronics store and have practice. The benefit of screen protectors is if they do indeed get scratched, a measly $5 gets you a new one. Plus I take good care, its just nice to know its safe. :) Although I am OCD about cleaning the glossy finish of my beautiful Zelda Wii U controller with a micro-fibre cloth >_> ...
:3 i play games lolololololol
2 years ago#8
No. I do however cover it with a cloth when not in use, and on the charger though. I haven't noticed any damage to the screen in almost a year of use.
2 years ago#9
With a screen that's meant to be touched you're gonna get scratches anyway.
It'll happen no matter how over protective you are. Why fight it?
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
2 years ago#10
I bought my Wii U at launch and immediately bought a 3 pack of screen protectors, by june the last of the screen protectors was too scuffed up and I took it off and never reapplied another one.

My screen is still scratch free, the gamepad screen is more resilient than my screen protectors were.
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you have a screen protector on your gamepad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived