Does Sony and Microsoft have their own IP's?

#81DrSouljaBoi69Posted 11/8/2013 5:15:39 AM
Squatch needs to stop trolling especially on things he is so ignorant of.
#82GenjiRedPosted 11/8/2013 5:16:32 AM
Lefty128k posted...
GenjiRed posted...
You do know that just because another company develops it doesn't mean that it is owned by said company right? Sony does not develop any of their own games yet they own all of their IPs. Enix has never made a game ever, yet they owned Dragon Quest, Valkyrie Profile, Actraiser, Star Ocean etc.

That's true, but you've not proven that any of those titles developed by other companies are owned by Nintendo. Your word alone is proof of nothing, I've shown neutral references.

Sony does develop their own games, they founded Santa Monica Studios...they did not acquire or buy it. Everything Santa Monica makes is pure first party developed by Sony itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Santa_Monica_Studio

Founder(s) Sony Computer Entertainment America

So much for what you think you know about Sony....lol.

You didn't provide any proof and the fact that you didn't know that Big Companies that outsource smaller third party developers to design games for them still belong to that very Big Company shows that you know nothing about IP ownership. Pay close attention, Microsoft owns Lost Odyssey and had involvement in production, so therefore Mistwalker cannot even touch Lost Odyssey ever again unless Microsoft agrees. Microsoft could turn Lost Odyssey 2 into a FPS if they wanted to. Thus with Last Story, it is the same deal, Mistwalker came to Nintendo to develop a new Nintendo IP.

Here is how it works:
Console Companies: Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo
Big Third Party Companies: EA, Activision, Capcom, SE, Konami, Namco Bandai, etc.
Smaller Third Party Companies: Mistwalker, Grasshopper Manufacture, Double Helix, Platinum Games, Inte Creates, Comcept, etc.
Second Party Companies: Santa Monica, Guerrilla Games, Camelot, 343, Monolith Studios, etc.

Smaller Third Party Companies have a low budget and would present their pitch to bigger companies and they will then create the IP so that the big company maintains control and the small third party company will work together to design game. Another example, Dimps made SF4, and of course the IP is owned by Capcom, so Capcom's people would be sent to Dimps to oversee development i.e. Yoshinori Ono.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#83squatch22Posted 11/8/2013 5:16:42 AM
/facepalm

Where did I say it WASN'T owned by Sony?

Fail more Lefty.
---
Nintendo FTW. Sonic Lost World is actually pretty good.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#84DrSouljaBoi69Posted 11/8/2013 5:17:43 AM
Squatch go away, you don't even own a Wii U.
#85Stefan1277Posted 11/8/2013 5:19:22 AM
They do, but their exclusives only cater to the "core" audience, so people can't relate to them sometimes.

For example, when we say "memorable" we understand who comes from where because of our knowledge, but ask a parent if they know who "master chief" is and they'll probably think master chef with Gordon Ramsay, or who Nathan Drake is and say that is the most ridiculously dramatic name ever made.

But you say mario or pokemon-- they totally catch on what you're saying. They get an image of it. So "memorable" applies to how broad the understand of them is, which is something Sony and MS don't have just yet out of just wanting to be "hardcore".
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#86squatch22Posted 11/8/2013 5:20:05 AM
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...

This isnt a topic about Wii U specifically. Lol.
And u aren't my boss...
---
#87DrSouljaBoi69Posted 11/8/2013 5:21:44 AM
squatch22 posted...
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...

And u aren't my boss...

Doesn't matter, it's on the Wii U board and you don't own the system or even plan on owning the system. So leave, troll.
#88duorinPosted 11/8/2013 5:22:56 AM
Lefty128k posted...
GenjiRed posted...
You do know that just because another company develops it doesn't mean that it is owned by said company right? Sony does not develop any of their own games yet they own all of their IPs. Enix has never made a game ever, yet they owned Dragon Quest, Valkyrie Profile, Actraiser, Star Ocean etc.

That's true, but you've not proven that any of those titles developed by other companies are owned by Nintendo. Your word alone is proof of nothing, I've shown neutral references.

Sony does develop their own games, they founded Santa Monica Studios...they did not acquire or buy it. Everything Santa Monica makes is pure first party developed by Sony itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Santa_Monica_Studio

Founder(s) Sony Computer Entertainment America

So much for what you think you know about Sony....lol.

Santa Monica Studio is a Second Party Company. Sony themselves do not left a finger to make God of War at all, just like Hal is a Second Party Company for Nintendo. I'm starting to think that you don't know what Second Party means.
#89squatch22Posted 11/8/2013 5:23:29 AM
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...
squatch22 posted...
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...

And u aren't my boss...

Doesn't matter, it's on the Wii U board and you don't own the system or even plan on owning the system. So leave, troll.

And yet u were here before u supposedly owned one...
---
#90DrSouljaBoi69Posted 11/8/2013 5:25:53 AM
squatch22 posted...
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...
squatch22 posted...
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...

And u aren't my boss...

And yet u were here before u supposedly owned one...

Because I planned on buying one. Is this really so hard for you to understand squatch? And we know that you don't plan on owning one, because you would have bought it already as the price is ridiculously low for one in your country.

So again, leave, troll. You contribute nothing positive to this board.