Why I sold my WiiU and why I might buy one again...

#1lifelackPosted 11/8/2013 9:24:30 AM
The games are great.
But in a time when we are moving from physical to digital, not having an account system is beyond ridiculous. If you ad the fact that you CANNOT move and restore from an SD card or a harddrive...
I was buying games on the eShop and didn't mind paying full price but everyday I was thinking: this thing is electronic, it can cram in a second and I will lose EVERYTHING.

If Nintendo do an account system that is reliable I will buy one down the road and many games.
What is sad now it's I can find other ways to entertain myself that are a lot more reliable. I don't like playstation but when my old PS3 died, I only had to connect and download... and what's more, even my saves files where on a cloud so...

I think they need to fix this issue. I'm wondering why it take so long. They have everything to make this happen.
#2QlJGamerPosted 11/8/2013 9:53:47 AM(edited)
Logic was not found.

I have like three games on an external USB FlashDrive
---
Quite Intelligent Judging!
#3Rasputin77Posted 11/8/2013 9:50:29 AM(edited)
They do have some things to improve upon, TC, but... you should know this is just asking for people to piss and moan about you sharing this here.

You know, 'here'... a public message board dedicated to the Wii U, where all thoughts and feelings should be welcome, lol... but anyway. Can't say I blame you!
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
GameFAQs needs a stat for "users who angrily tried to PM you but were blocked" XD
#4plasmatic5Posted 11/8/2013 9:54:38 AM
TC is either a troll using incorrect information or a misinformed rager with incorrect information.

You can save and back up data onto external hard drives and flash drives. This includes games, not just the save data.
---
The problem with trolls is that you can't logic with them. The same goes for idiots.
#5DarkAdonis123Posted 11/8/2013 9:54:50 AM
If you bought a Wii U and then sold it, you had to have taken an enormous loss on it.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#6UponADarkThornePosted 11/8/2013 9:59:55 AM
Why not just... Buy physical?

Just because the ****ing industry is trying to push us to digital doesn't mean we have to follow. Sure, if a game is only digital feel free to get it... But don't start giving your goddamn money for something you don't own otherwise.

I can't understand how people can support digital gaming when you don't have any ownership over the games you buy.

(And before anyone says you don't own the games you buy - you don't own the IP but you do own the disc you play it on.)
---
3DS Friend Code: 2680-9395-3914
Friend Safari (Dragon): Fraxure, Noibat, ????
#7vashtrichamPosted 11/8/2013 10:45:29 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
Why not just... Buy physical?

Just because the ****ing industry is trying to push us to digital doesn't mean we have to follow. Sure, if a game is only digital feel free to get it... But don't start giving your goddamn money for something you don't own otherwise.

I can't understand how people can support digital gaming when you don't have any ownership over the games you buy.

(And before anyone says you don't own the games you buy - you don't own the IP but you do own the disc you play it on.)

Not everyone buys games to play them 10 years from now. Ive been buying digital for years and still can play every single game i have ever bought. Ive been enjoying games just like i was before digital and haven't missed out on anything.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#8lifelack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 10:53:44 AM
it's funny people calling me a troll. And also, no, I didn't take a loss sellling.
Bought for 380$ new and sold for 380$ used. Guess someone wanted the Zombi U bundle.

For most of you, you fail to see the point.
If you're licking Ninty's butt saying it taste like chocolate, will they ever change the flavor?
The true fans, the true supporter are those who can put the finger on a flaw and ask them to improve.
#9picanoPosted 11/8/2013 12:06:39 PM
So... you sold a Wii U with digital purchases on it because you worried about losing those games due to hardware failure?

The Wii U DOES have an account system (though, not very user friendly at this time --- there's a [currently non-functional] menu option when setting up an account which would allow use of an existing NNID) --- so, if you didn't get your entire moneys worth from selling it, you just made a very stupid mistake.

If your console had a hardware failure somewhere down the line, you could have sent it in and gotten it fixed / replaced with ALL YOUR PURCHASES INTACT. If it was stolen and you had a police report, once again you could get your account enabled on a new console!
---
3D and catgirls! : http://picanogfx.unotaku.com/
#10lifelack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 12:09:24 PM
Oh! Thank you! Yes, I'm really stupid and Nintendo, they are SOOOOOO nice not providing something so useful as an account system. finally... I'm kind of happy not belonging anymore to this clan... You see, the worse thing that could happen is not losing data, it's more like becoming one like you...