Why I sold my WiiU and why I might buy one again...

#11picanoPosted 11/8/2013 12:13:39 PM
Ah, gotcha. I gave you the benefit of the doubt but.. well you are definitely a troll.

All I did was point out that if loss of purchases was your concern, that selling your console (and not recouping the digital costs) wouldn't make sense. Then you completely ignore the existence of an account system (which, I even admitted was lacking in functionality) and instead make a personal attack.

Have a nice day~
---
3D and catgirls! : http://picanogfx.unotaku.com/
#12fon1988Posted 11/8/2013 12:27:47 PM
I'm going to argue your first point TC.

You said we are moving from physical to digital. I think that's incorrect. The only big game I've ever purchased digital is Pokémon Y.

We are in the time in gaming where developers are trying to get us to go digital, but most sales are still coming from physical releases.
---
NNID: PoisonShroom
#13UponADarkThornePosted 11/8/2013 12:41:50 PM
vashtricham posted...

Not everyone buys games to play them 10 years from now. Ive been buying digital for years and still can play every single game i have ever bought. Ive been enjoying games just like i was before digital and haven't missed out on anything.

Having access to the games isn't really the issue I have, as much as the lack of any real tangible ownership. Maybe its the collector's mentality I developed over the years between music and books - both things that are becoming increasingly less physical - and find it disheartening that the same thing is happening to games.

I'm also worried that reliance on digital will kill physical gaming. Steam effectively killed boxed PC games and I don't want the same thing to happen to consoles.

lifelack posted...
it's funny people calling me a troll. And also, no, I didn't take a loss sellling.
Bought for 380$ new and sold for 380$ used. Guess someone wanted the Zombi U bundle.

For most of you, you fail to see the point.
If you're licking Ninty's butt saying it taste like chocolate, will they ever change the flavor?
The true fans, the true supporter are those who can put the finger on a flaw and ask them to improve.

What if you don't find they way a company handles something to be a flaw? You might want Nintendo to handle digital better but I personally am glad they encourage buying physical games.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2680-9395-3914
Friend Safari (Dragon): Fraxure, Noibat, ????
#14saleamaPosted 11/12/2013 2:38:16 PM
lifelack posted...
it's funny people calling me a troll. And also, no, I didn't take a loss sellling.
Bought for 380$ new and sold for 380$ used. Guess someone wanted the Zombi U bundle.

For most of you, you fail to see the point.
If you're licking Ninty's butt saying it taste like chocolate, will they ever change the flavor?
The true fans, the true supporter are those who can put the finger on a flaw and ask them to improve.

Except you can not un-lick the butt by selling your console. They already got your money and will, apparently, get it again should you ever figure out that you can put your games on an external hard drive.

You are just upset that you couldn't copy them or give them to another person with a different Wii U.