Let's be honest: Would you trade your Wii U in for a PS4 / X1?

#1NordiniPosted 11/8/2013 8:15:33 PM(edited)
If you could get a full refund for console AND games would you accept it and get a PS4 / X1? - Results (1695 votes)
Yes, I would.
30.56% (518 votes)
No, I would not.
69.44% (1177 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Now that you have had the chance to experience the Wii U and its capabilities,

If someone offered to fully refund you for your Wii U and any games you have purchased for your "Next gen console", would you accept that and use it to purchase a PS4 / X1?
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#2hyperdimeduckPosted 11/8/2013 8:17:37 PM
F*** No!
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#3Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 8:19:50 PM
I said be honest.
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 11/8/2013 8:21:03 PM
Yep. But then I saw the trade-in values and difficulty in selling it so I kept it.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#5TalentedMPosted 11/8/2013 8:21:43 PM
Dear god no...

I loved my 360 and the PS3 is... ok... I played TLoU and a few other games like Ni No Kuni but to be fair it was mostly a bluray device that played videogames.

That being said, there is only 1 title that even looks impressive and it is Dead Rising 3. The ammount of zombies on the screen is incredibly impressive to me and it looks like it would be fun. Other than that the next gen servings seem so un-filling, like eating a huge bowl of cotton candy, it tasted good but it just leaves you feeling empty.

So far with the Wii U I have gotten games I wouldn't expect like W101 and even have gotten to play a new Pikmin and eventually a Baynetta 2 thrown in the mix with the usual Mario and Zelda titles.

I wouldn't give up the Wii U for one. I would buy one eventually once they have a game that at least looks different from anything we have seen. But no, no way would I give the Wii U up for one of them.

There is just no way I would give it up. I like it far too much and it offers something completely different to my current systems and PC.

(To be fair I have a gaming PC... So it might throw wrenches in the mix for this kinda question.)
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#6PablicioPosted 11/8/2013 8:23:01 PM
Honestly no. While I have no doubt those console would be fun, I don't plan on missing on all Nintendo's exclusives that are sure to come.
#7LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/8/2013 8:23:39 PM
Hell no lmao
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#8WickedSickJoshPosted 11/8/2013 8:23:49 PM
Hell no. Just because there's no many games out for the Wii U doesn't mean there's somehow magically going to be a bunch of games out for PS4/XB1. No doubt I will eventually get a PS4, but I could not go through a console generation without getting my Zelda/SmashBros/SuperMario/DonkeyKong/Metroid/etc fix.
---
Currently playing: WWE 2K14 (PS3), Pokemon Y (3DS), Earthbound (Wii U VC)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#9Final Fantasy2389Posted 11/8/2013 8:24:23 PM
No.

While I do play ALL systems and will try any game at least once, I play Nintendo games the most.
---
http://bit.ly/YH0AmG
#10SSBCandidatesPosted 11/8/2013 8:27:54 PM
No way brose.