Why are nintendo first party games NEVER on sale?!

#21LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/9/2013 8:57:14 PM
Same reason Ferraris never "go on sale"
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#22VidgmchtrPosted 11/9/2013 11:39:53 PM
ACDCrules1 posted...
Vidgmchtr posted...
1. Wait for them to become Nintendo Selects titles.
2. Get a job.

One of those two should solve your problem. :)

There's a typo on in your number 2... it should read, quit you job and move back into your parents house and have them fully support you.

I love how little kids always feel the need to say get a job.

I love how people here always assume that the posts they're responding to are from little kids. :)

Why don't you check my profile and see that I created it two years before you created yours?

If you want to have your parents support you well into your adult life, by all means go ahead, assuming your parents are fine with that.

Personally, my parents haven't spent a single dime on me in years. I'm paying off my college debt and other bills, I'm paying for my own food/gas/other things, and no one is helping me at all. And I'm happy with that.
#23BladeManEXEPosted 11/10/2013 8:09:10 AM
Vidgmchtr posted...
ACDCrules1 posted...
Vidgmchtr posted...
1. Wait for them to become Nintendo Selects titles.
2. Get a job.

One of those two should solve your problem. :)

There's a typo on in your number 2... it should read, quit you job and move back into your parents house and have them fully support you.

I love how little kids always feel the need to say get a job.

I love how people here always assume that the posts they're responding to are from little kids. :)

Why don't you check my profile and see that I created it two years before you created yours?

If you want to have your parents support you well into your adult life, by all means go ahead, assuming your parents are fine with that.

Personally, my parents haven't spent a single dime on me in years. I'm paying off my college debt and other bills, I'm paying for my own food/gas/other things, and no one is helping me at all. And I'm happy with that.

Account creation date technically doesn't mean very much. For instance, mine was created six years after yours, but I'm seemingly more or less in the same financial situation, minus the college debt.
#24Bahamut_10thPosted 11/10/2013 8:20:08 AM
Same reason VC is overpriced. Nintendo is arrogant and backs up prices with their games being a better value than any other company's. Unfortunately there are enough hardcore defender fans to keep them that way.
---
What a horrible night to have a grock raid.
#25nonexistingheroPosted 11/10/2013 8:23:26 AM
gamersince1993 posted...
pokemon is never on sale either.soul silver still 40-50 bucks in stores

Just recently a store in my country had 25% off on all games in-store. And if bought online from that store, it was 50% of the 2nd game. This included Nintendo games such as Pokemon, making it possible to get X/Y for roughly 30 a piece.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#26mostcorruptPosted 11/10/2013 9:20:10 AM
Because they know they're going to have a bunch if suckers lining up ready and willing to pay full price for anything they make.

With 3rd party support the way it is you either pay the full price for a Nintendo game or you don't play anything.
#27EstilPosted 11/10/2013 9:32:31 PM
What about all the Player's Choice titles (that since GC era are $20)? And what about Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 announced at $30? Never say never.
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#28csalvi42Posted 11/10/2013 9:45:55 PM
Nintendo never lowers the prices of their games because they think they can create games that don't depreciate in value, and this is the reason I have yet to buy Kirby Wii because it still costs $60! I would buy it in a heart beat if I found it for $30 or under.
---
Animal Crossing NL Dream: 5399-2276-5180
White Version FC: 0991-1102-7167
#29aggron306Posted 11/11/2013 5:59:27 AM
I can't believe they are still selling Mario Kart DS and Super Mario 64 DS for full price, seriously these are 8 year old games.
---
3DS FC: 1633-4438-8637
My Pokemon Safari: Electric with Pachirisu, Electabuzz and Zebstrika, Pokemon Y name: Jeff
#30deathwave21Posted 11/11/2013 8:26:07 AM
fuzi11 posted...
you can get metroid other m pretty cheaply around here

Wasn't that game second party developed?
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!