Eventually the WiiU won't be backwards compatible for Wii games.

#11NovaLevossidaPosted 11/10/2013 11:55:08 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
GC BC is a bit different because of disc size. The disc drive had to have extra components to orient the GC disc, which were removed in later Wii models

Eh, disc size wasn't an issue when the PS3 dropped its BC.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#12Big_IsaacPosted 11/10/2013 12:03:03 PM
DTY3 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Wii U games use wiimotes. It would be triple stupid if Wii U could use all the accessories the Wii has, with no requirements like controller ports, but you can't use the games they were originally used with.

Not a good argument considering that Wii games used GC controllers.

Is there even a single Wii game that requires a GC controller?
By contrast, there's several WiiU games that require Wiimotes
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#13Shadowbird_RHPosted 11/10/2013 12:05:27 PM
While I won't say it won't happen, I doubt it'll happen for at least another four years.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#14LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/10/2013 12:08:34 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
GC BC is a bit different because of disc size. The disc drive had to have extra components to orient the GC disc, which were removed in later Wii models

The physical size of the disc

Do you not remember how small GC discs were? They required special hardware components to orient them inside the disc drive.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#15NovaLevossidaPosted 11/10/2013 12:13:12 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

The physical size of the disc

Do you not remember how small GC discs were? They required special hardware components to orient them inside the disc drive.

That was my point. PS3 and PS2 discs were the same physical size despite different media types. PS3 still dropped its BC, so discs being the same physical size isn't a reason to stop the dropping of BC in a Wii U with Wii BC comparison.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#16DeathSoul2000Posted 11/10/2013 12:14:12 PM
DTY3 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Wii U games use wiimotes. It would be triple stupid if Wii U could use all the accessories the Wii has, with no requirements like controller ports, but you can't use the games they were originally used with.

Not a good argument considering that Wii games used GC controllers.

Yes it is, considering which you obviously missed in my post, all Wii accessories are wireless. There is nothing for them to remove which could justify removing Wii BC.
#17scoobydoobydontPosted 11/10/2013 12:15:03 PM
I hope it stays, it's one of the biggest reasons I'm getting it and not getting the other two.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski