Wii U may be my only console this gen

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U may be my only console this gen
3 years ago#1
I have no interest in the crapbox but I was planning on picking up a PS4, but my reservations about being forced to pay for online MP aren't getting any weaker. Assuming Sony drives the PS4 for an entire cycle, that'll be $800 in PS+ subscriptions on a $400 console. Maybe I'll nut up and go PC, or perhaps I'll drop only $50 to get a year of Battlefront in. Right now I'm leaning towards not even getting it at all. That could change as the years roll on.

Wii U may not be as flashy, but it gives me entertainment. That's really all I can ask for. More importantly, it's ALOT less heavy on the wallet.
Give weeds an inch and they'll take a yard.
3 years ago#2
Ok.
3 years ago#3
i have a ps4 preordered but all the free games being given away (target,amazon) so soon, makes me wonder....
3 years ago#4
Ok...
3 years ago#5
I may get a PS4 later on it it's life cycle, but frankly I'm too busy playing 3DS! Pokemon Y is dominating my time. Not to mention I bought a house this year and I've been fixing it up. Also getting married next year so I'm preparing for that too.
This Is What We Do! This is Who We Are!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g
3 years ago#6
Hahaha, U$800 in PS+ subscriptions? A 12 months subscription costs U$50. In 10 years that's U$500.

Try harder, drone.

PS.: why didn't you suddenly become a PC gamer like all the drones have this year? Didn't you know the Wii U is flopping hard? Time to spin. PC master race reporting for duty, right?
Accusing others of making death threats isn't offensive. Accusing someone of doing 9/11 is because it was in America. - GameFAQs admin
3 years ago#7
Linetrix posted...
Hahaha, U$800 in PS+ subscriptions? A 12 months subscription costs U$50. In 10 years that's U$500.

Try harder, drone.

PS.: why didn't you suddenly become a PC gamer like all the drones have this year? Didn't you know the Wii U is flopping hard? Time to spin. PC master race reporting for duty, right?

Your right, it should be $400. So $800 in total, my numbers are mixed up. Still, I'd be paying double on a console just for one feature that I care about. It's funny watching at you come at me like a hard a** when I'm just giving off an opinion.
Give weeds an inch and they'll take a yard.
3 years ago#8
Bloodychess posted...
I have no interest in the crapbox but I was planning on picking up a PS4, but my reservations about being forced to pay for online MP aren't getting any weaker. Assuming Sony drives the PS4 for an entire cycle, that'll be $800 in PS+ subscriptions on a $400 console. Maybe I'll nut up and go PC, or perhaps I'll drop only $50 to get a year of Battlefront in. Right now I'm leaning towards not even getting it at all. That could change as the years roll on.

Wii U may not be as flashy, but it gives me entertainment. That's really all I can ask for. More importantly, it's ALOT less heavy on the wallet.

You will be missing a lot then
3 years ago#9
Sony HAS to sell a sub with every console to offset losses. Their biggest focus this year will be on paid services. They're going to push PS+ and Gaikai like MS pushes Kinect
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
3 years ago#10
Except playstation plus actually has value to it.
Beware of TC the bear.
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3610/tc2t.png
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U may be my only console this gen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived