Wii U may be my only console this gen

#21ChipChippersonPosted 11/10/2013 8:17:10 PM
stargazer64 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
I honestly don't understand how any gamer could ONLY own a Nintendo console these days.

Pretty easy.

I could even survive on just an iPad if necessary. I pretty much did for a year.

You find games to play that you like.

Pretty much. I hate to say that one makes do with what they've got but I can't think of a nicer way to word it. Maybe find the silver lining in the cloud? Either way I think there's a mistaken assumption that 1 console only owners sit twiddling their thumbs and crying themselves to sleep because their console doesn't have X,Y or Z instead of exploring the library that their console does have.
---
We got no food, no jobs... our PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!
#22aggron306Posted 11/11/2013 5:04:13 AM
Yes me too, it's all I can afford.
---
3DS FC: 1633-4438-8637
My Pokemon Safari: Electric with Pachirisu, Electabuzz and Zebstrika, Pokemon Y name: Jeff
#23JackalPosted 11/11/2013 5:19:26 AM
Not enough 3rd party support for me. I have no problem paying for PS+. I've had it since it was started and see no reason to end it now. Especially since it doesn't expire until next year.

$50 per year. What is the cost of a game? $60? How many of those will we buy? Many. Digital games of various cost? No problem! Now how much do we spend on other stuff like fast food? Movies? Magazines? If you can't stuff and envelope with a little left over change each week. Skip a combo meal. Save $10 a month and not even for the whole year, then oh well. It's not $50 a month. It once a year. I feel it's worth it so I paid it. Those that don't feel that it's worth it and that it's too much just won't get the feature or benefits. But complaining about it, at least to us, won't help. Tell Sony.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#24Rasputin77Posted 11/11/2013 6:44:07 AM
Wii U may not be as flashy, but it gives me entertainment.

As far as being 'entertained' goes, I'm... pretty sure I've played more Diablo III on my PS3 than I have played all games on my Wii U combined, since I bought it, but... to each their own, I suppose. ^__^ I'm glad you can find that happy medium with just one console - good for you.
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
GameFAQs needs a stat for "users who angrily tried to PM you but were blocked" XD
#25HorrorSindicatePosted 11/11/2013 7:20:40 AM
I don't like gaming with others so as long as features like Netflix aren't locked I'm likely to pick up.a PS4 in a year or two. That or I'll buy it when MGS GZ comes out
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#26snake_5036Posted 11/11/2013 7:24:18 AM
As of right now, I'm sticking with the Wii U and PC. I will most likely cave when the PS4 actually has games, but right now I have no need to get it.
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
#27Mattatron42Posted 11/11/2013 7:28:40 AM
WiiU, 3DS and catching up on PS3 games. And I'll most likely get a PS4 in a couple years.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#28Numbuh100Posted 11/11/2013 7:30:29 AM
Linetrix posted...
Hahaha, U$800 in PS+ subscriptions? A 12 months subscription costs U$50. In 10 years that's U$500.

Try harder, drone.

PS.: why didn't you suddenly become a PC gamer like all the drones have this year? Didn't you know the Wii U is flopping hard? Time to spin. PC master race reporting for duty, right?

You're still buying like 20-40 games on it........each game you buy will be like $60 each plus tax....you can definitely pay that up to $800.
---
The prophecy is that if Red Sox is going to their World Series, Patriots will head to their following Super Bowl.
#29hrodwulfPosted 11/11/2013 8:17:19 AM
I think I'll eventually get one of the new consoles, but for now Wii U and my backlog are enough to go through meanwhile, oh and there are still a couple of PS3 games I'm looking forward to: South Park, Lightning Returns, Lords of Shadow 2, Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, and other Wii U games.

Going Wii U only this gen might be a lot more feasible if own other current gen consoles.
#30Traptin3daysPosted 11/11/2013 8:41:59 AM
Meh I will probably only have my WiiU during this gen. PS4 isn't interesting me, X1 has shown some good games, but I don't need a new home console.

I much rather buy all those games I missed on SNES, PS1, PS2 and Dreamcast.
---
Kill the boy and let the man be born~