If Wii's collected dust, why was it's tie ratio so high?

#1iKhan88Posted 11/10/2013 8:23:19 PM
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/Tie-Ratio/Global/

Granted it's still lower than the other 6th and 7th gen consoles, but 9.00 software sales per hardware unit isn't anywhere close to "collecting dust" or "forgotten by casuals". And before people say "Lol VGChartz", It says right at the top that old consoles ratios are measured based on official shipments.

So the argument that "Nintendo systems just collect dust" is complete crap. A high tie ratio shows that the console wasn't just abandoned some fluke sparked by casuals, and Nintendo can still capture that market with the Wii U.
---
Any sig ideas?
#2ORANGE666Posted 11/10/2013 9:02:50 PM
Wii sports came with every wii console which nintendo includes as a software sale, though 8 is still a lot
#3sonic777Posted 11/10/2013 9:05:08 PM
Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort bundle also contributed 2 games.

Also, Just Dance sold like hotcakes.

Not saying that those discount the tie ratio, but Nintendo does inflate their numbers with their bundle games.
---
Wii U Board: Where people get off on being trolled.
3DS: 1349+4416+3126
#4guu-chanPosted 11/10/2013 9:51:07 PM
wii sports was sold separably in japan but anways all systems collect dust i play my 360 and ps3 quite often and they collect dust! it's not like a laptop u move around u set the system up and leave it there so i never understood the whole "collecting dust" thing with systems as it makes no sense because who moves around a system all the time?
---
I'm against piracy, please don't attack ships!
#5aiyobroPosted 11/10/2013 9:58:42 PM
While it's true I don't play wii games anymore many of them I couldn't dare to sell even though I'd only get like a few dollars, gamecube was arguably the best system and that thing is almost retro now I haven't touched it in so long

Sin and Punishment
Pikmin 2
Resident Evil 4
Mario Kart
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Punch Out
Xenoblade Chronicles
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Victorious Boxer Revolution
Muramasa The Demon Blade
Madworld
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Pandora's Tower
No More Heros 1 & 2 (sold)
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (sold)
Call of Duty 4/World at War/ Black Ops / Modern Warfare 3 (Sold)
The Last Story (Sold)
#6nonexistingheroPosted 11/11/2013 5:36:37 AM
ORANGE666 posted...
Wii sports came with every wii console which nintendo includes as a software sale, though 8 is still a lot

Doesn't matter, the Xbox 360 and PS3 have come with at least 1-2 games for many years by now, which are also included.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7FayeLadyPosted 11/11/2013 5:53:11 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

Doesn't matter, the Xbox 360 and PS3 have come with at least 1-2 games for many years by now, which are also included.

But bundling was far more aggressive with the Wii, which could not be purchased without a game for many years. PS3 and 360 game bundles were limited to special releases like Gears or MGS or holiday time.

Its also worth noting that full digital games aren't counted, and considering the difference in market places Im sure that could make a huge difference, since full Wii games were never downloadable.

But the best piece of reliable evidence that we have that Wii systems were not being used is the fact that people stopped buying the games in mass about 2 years ago.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 11/11/2013 6:07:04 AM
ORANGE666 posted...

Yes it does. Until 09-10, EVERY Wii sold outside of Japan came with Wii Sports, everyone who bought a Wii had it.
#9Phasmatis92Posted 11/11/2013 6:24:33 AM
Because the "collecting dust" thing is a MYTH and always has been.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#10Neo_HeartlessPosted 11/11/2013 6:27:39 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

Yes it does. Until 09-10, EVERY Wii sold outside of Japan came with Wii Sports, everyone who bought a Wii had it.

And everyone who bought a 360 or PS3 got at least one game with it.

I don't understand this reasoning. Are you saying people would buy a console but not with a game? That's hilariously silly.

It just so happens that with the Wii that one game was, for the most part, chosen for them, but the same could be said of any console. A lot of shop bundles only include certain games. Why should they count, but Wii Sports shouldn't?
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]