If Wii's collected dust, why was it's tie ratio so high?

#21Neo_HeartlessPosted 11/11/2013 8:48:17 AM
Inferno700 posted...
The ratio of games sold to consoles literally has nothing to do with the question if and/or the rate in which a console collects dust. I have played my Wii U every day for a few weeks now and haven't touched my Wii however they each are currently collecting dust. Both have accumulated approximately the same amount of dust.

The WiiU should be accumulating less dust. Each time you play it you would be kicking up the dust on the console, and the vibrations from the disc drive would also shake off the more fine dust.

The vents on the WiiU would also kick up the dust around and above them.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#22iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 9:39:37 AM
Eoin posted...

iKhan88 posted...
A high tie ratio shows that the console wasn't just abandoned some fluke sparked by casuals, and Nintendo can still capture that market with the Wii U.

There is absolutely no way to deduce any of that from a high tie ratio for the Wii. Your post starts off on a sound factual basis (saying that the Wii's attach rate wasn't as bad as is commonly made out) but that can't be used to make the kind of argument you want it to make.

To be honest, I think I just forced that in there to make this topic relevant and not get modded.
---
Any sig ideas?
#23iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 9:41:09 AM
FayeLady posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Wii sports came with every wii console which nintendo includes as a software sale, though 8 is still a lot

Doesn't matter, the Xbox 360 and PS3 have come with at least 1-2 games for many years by now, which are also included.

But bundling was far more aggressive with the Wii, which could not be purchased without a game for many years. PS3 and 360 game bundles were limited to special releases like Gears or MGS or holiday time.

Its also worth noting that full digital games aren't counted, and considering the difference in market places Im sure that could make a huge difference, since full Wii games were never downloadable.

But the best piece of reliable evidence that we have that Wii systems were not being used is the fact that people stopped buying the games in mass about 2 years ago.

People stopped buying games for the Wii 2 years ago because Nintendo stopped promoting and supporting it. New game releases dwindled, and Nintendo pretty much focused all their efforts on the 3DS and for hyping the Wii U.
---
Any sig ideas?
#24FayeLadyPosted 11/11/2013 10:35:08 AM
iKhan88 posted...
FayeLady posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Wii sports came with every wii console which nintendo includes as a software sale, though 8 is still a lot

Doesn't matter, the Xbox 360 and PS3 have come with at least 1-2 games for many years by now, which are also included.

But bundling was far more aggressive with the Wii, which could not be purchased without a game for many years. PS3 and 360 game bundles were limited to special releases like Gears or MGS or holiday time.

Its also worth noting that full digital games aren't counted, and considering the difference in market places Im sure that could make a huge difference, since full Wii games were never downloadable.

But the best piece of reliable evidence that we have that Wii systems were not being used is the fact that people stopped buying the games in mass about 2 years ago.

People stopped buying games for the Wii 2 years ago because Nintendo stopped promoting and supporting it. New game releases dwindled, and Nintendo pretty much focused all their efforts on the 3DS and for hyping the Wii U.

And I don't deny thats why it happened, just as you don't seem to be denying that it did happen. I don't see an argument here.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#25aiyobroPosted 11/11/2013 3:19:11 PM
Did I mention I sold all three of my project rainfall games for 120$ :p