The WIIU is completely dead in Europe

#1d99dPosted 11/11/2013 4:07:06 AM
Hello fellow WIIU owners,

first of all some useless background info for those who care:

I'm 29 years old, am an oldschool video gamer, and have owned every Nintendo console since the NES (sans the virtual boy since it was not available in Germany)
I'm a long time lurker of this board, and bought a WIIU on release.
This gamefaqs account used to have a three digit ID. I know this board is flooded with troll topics complaining about the WIIU and since my post will contain a lot of negativity, I feel the need to point out that I neither want Nintendo to die, nor am I here to slant other WIIU owners.

Nevertheless, this is the worst supported console I ever owned, even compared to "failures" like the Saturn or the Jaguar. The WIIU has completely disappeared of the shelves in most of the shops in Germany, and by now I certainly feel that Nintendo doesn't care anymore. Yes, it's that bad, worse than the Dreamcast ever was (Dreamcast was one of my favourite consoles btw). I work in the electronics industry and 3DS here are still flying off the shelves, yet most people here don't even know what the WIIU is. Nintendo has done them more harm than good by releasing this thing and ruining the popular WII brand.

Apart from the complete lack of advertising over here, I don't see what features the WIIU has that makes it desirable for non-hardcore Nintendo fans. I love Nintendo, but I really have a hard time recommending buying a WIIU anymore. The games we have are mediocre or niche games, and the future isn't looking that bright either.
Did Nintendo really think a tablet controller alone would make people buy this?

I sincerely hope that Nintendo picks up steam again and doesn't completely forget us Europeans.
#2d99d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 4:08:43 AM
Addendum: This is obviously somewhat specific towards Germany, but my few friends in England keep telling me the situation is not much different there.
#3StarBladeEdgePosted 11/11/2013 4:11:31 AM
hello my fellow bratwurst fan

i still see wiiu's in germany....funny.....
---
Boujng ! i always there're loch , it steppapost drunk dr. boing is soulboy. don't touch my iPhat
#4d99d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 4:14:50 AM(edited)
Where are you, exactly? Living in a bigger city in southern germany, and there are literally no WIIU sections at either Saturn/Media Markt here anymore.
#5QlJGamerPosted 11/11/2013 4:14:10 AM
Hey Europe, How that Football?

Wii U is not going to do well in Europe, The Playstation 4 is silly!!! You Europeans are so crazy sometimes.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging!
#6d99d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 4:16:45 AM
QlJGamer posted...

Wii U is not going to do well in Europe, The Playstation 4 is silly!!! You Europeans are so crazy sometimes.

Football is fine, I guess.
And I knew that the WIIU wouldn't be massively successful over here, but being more or less dead 1 year into it's lifespan is just....sad.
Not to mention I haven't seen a single commercial over here.
#7StarBladeEdgePosted 11/11/2013 4:18:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8StarBladeEdgePosted 11/11/2013 4:19:13 AM
QlJGamer posted...

we are more into soccer pal
---
Boujng ! i always there're loch , it steppapost drunk dr. boing is soulboy. don't touch my iPhat
#9d99d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 4:19:47 AM
True Europeans call soccer football if you didn't know :D
#10aiyobroPosted 11/11/2013 4:22:26 AM
probably true

there should be 4000 people online in CoD ghost right now

there's maybe 600, where as in the u.s. during peak hours it's around 2000