The WIIU is completely dead in Europe

#81NovaeGamerPosted 11/11/2013 12:02:25 PM
I agree that the WiiU doesn't do that well in Germany (like everywhere else.....)
But I would disagree on the "completely dead" part. At least where I live (Hamburg) every
Media-Saturn has its own WiiU section, some of them even a WiiU podium with an WiiU-employee.....
It also has constant (albeit weak) sales on Amazon...
I even begin to see some actual advertisement in my TV!

I would put it at the exact level of "deadness" as the Vita, which is: It exists, it doesn't sell well.
---
When I want realistic graphics, I take a break from gaming and look at reality......
#82meado55Posted 11/11/2013 12:26:22 PM
Fistly they didn't explain the capabilities of the gamepad well at all in their adverts, Only thing they showed was how u can use it to type in codes on a
door keypad on zombie u.

BIG WOOOP

they should of shown how u use it as a scanner by looking at the gamepad screen and aiming it, you could even turn around and aim it all round your room and it would be showing you all round the room still in the game.

really amazing immersive feature.

or the way you have your map on the padscreen, and can press a button on the screen wich sends out a 'blip' like in aliens showing all movement like a radar.

another great new feature wich really pulls you into the game.

but no they just showed you typing in a code, like they thought that would get people going and want the console.

IDIOT PR
#83d99d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 12:33:29 PM
NovaeGamer posted...
I agree that the WiiU doesn't do that well in Germany (like everywhere else.....)
But I would disagree on the "completely dead" part. At least where I live (Hamburg) every
Media-Saturn has its own WiiU section, some of them even a WiiU podium with an WiiU-employee.....
It also has constant (albeit weak) sales on Amazon...
I even begin to see some actual advertisement in my TV!

I would put it at the exact level of "deadness" as the Vita, which is: It exists, it doesn't sell well.

This is very true. I was most likely too harsh in the topic title. But let's face it, right now it's on life support and if nothing drastic happens it won't have a long life, especially in europe. Only delusional people think that PS4/XBone coming out will help WII sales a great deal.
I'm not saying the WIIU is beyond help, but it needs to come soon.

Hamburg is a nice city, one of Germany's biggest. Our Saturn here is far smaller (100.000 inhabitants town). Perhaps this is why the WIIU is actually still on the shelves where you are.
#84Sega9599Posted 11/11/2013 1:36:46 PM
TC thinks Europe = Germany.

How bizarre.

Here in the UK it is kind of not utilized enough. But it's far from dead.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#85d99d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 2:32:19 PM
No Europe is not Germany. Sales figures from the UK are atrocious as well though. "Kind of not utilized enough" one year into a consoles lifespan usually doesn't bode well for it. And yes, Germany is the biggest market for video games in europe. But hey there's a good chance that WIIU's are flying off the shelves in Greece and Spain.
#86CyborgTwentyPosted 11/11/2013 3:11:22 PM
QlJGamer posted...
Hey Europe, How that Football?

It's doing much better then Handegg.
#87arvilinoPosted 11/11/2013 3:16:54 PM(edited)
noutBr posted...
I know what you mean TC, 30 and from the Netherlands.

As much as I would like to believe that SM3DW will make sales go through the roof I just don't think that's realistic at all. Nintendo really failed to deliver so far and part of me is actually glad their Wii follow up is flopping hard. I love Nintendo but aside from 2 or 3 amazing games the Wii was lacking compared to even N64 and GCN. I hope they will change some things; their online approach and giving "lesser" franchises some attention for instance.

Even on the more succesful and cheaper to develop for 3DS Nintendo continues to completely ignore F-Zero, Wave Race and 1080. I could add Star Fox to this list because an N64 remake (closer to a port but whatever) is not a new game, at least they acknowledge its existence.

Don't get me wrong though, I really enjoy W101, WW HD is great and I can't wait for SM3DW. It's just that Nintendo spoiled me with the amazing games they released on N64 and GCN :)

They literally can't release many games like that until their consoles are selling at comfortable rates, a cocktail of lesser franchises would have just flat lined their consoles a lot quicker(Imagine if the WiiU or 3DS got Wave Race or F-Zero instead of Mario Kart 7/8).

Though I think the biggest problem facing the WiiU is that the 360/PS3's longer than normal console life cycle have just lead to libraries that suffocate entire store spaces while being the most owned active consoles.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#88d99d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 3:18:19 PM
I personally think they should have released the WIIU with a game that has lots of mass appeal. A truly spectacular Metroid game would have maybe gotten them a good deal of the 14-25 y/o crowd.
Would have made people forget "Other M" as well.

Nintendoland and NSMBU are both good games, but certainly not "wow this looks amazing, I need this" games. Neither are Pikmin or Monster Hunter for that matter.
#89XechsPosted 11/11/2013 3:58:51 PM
Even here in the US the wii u shares a rack with 3DS or left over wii games. It has very small shelf space, just piled up in the corner. It's like you have to know what your looking for, while PS4 and Xone is all in your face. I guess nintendo doesn't believe in paying for advertisements here either. Even back in 2010 PS2 had it's own entire shelf space.

I think having shelf space to bring in browser to become potential buyers is just as important. At best buy 360 and PS3 have an entire isle each and each isle both sides are filled with games and giant cardboard advertisements etc. If you walk down the isle you are bombarded with adverts and demo stations and games to browse.

So yeah their marketing has been abysmal.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier