Wii U is not a "secondary" or "complementary" console

#1superpyhron64Posted 11/11/2013 8:38:49 AM
The Wii U is a stand-alone console, just like the Wii, Gamecube, and N64 before it. If you want your Third-Party machines PS4 of XONE you buy those. If you want some top-tier First-Party games you get a Wii U. Why you people say you got a Wii U to "complement" your PS4 is not making sense.
---
"That is to say...Oops. My bad."-Pyhrron
Buying:Wii U Deluxe, NSMBU, Ocarina of Time 3D, and Super Mario 3D World.
#2thanthenPosted 11/11/2013 8:43:53 AM
superpyhron64 posted...
The Wii U is a stand-alone console, just like the Wii, Gamecube, and N64 before it. If you want your Third-Party machines PS4 of XONE you buy those. If you want some overdone rehashes First-Party games you get a Wii U. Why you people say you got a Wii U to "complement" your PS4 is not making sense.

---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#3iKhan88Posted 11/11/2013 8:47:05 AM
I think people just have different priorities and stinginess when it comes to consoles.

Personally, no matter how many good games a console has, I won't buy it until it has a "must-have". I can be sure Nintendo will have a "must-have" game every gen, so I buy the consoles. The PS3 came out with Ni No Kuni this year, which I consider a "must-have", so I'll be buying that as well. But the PS1 and PS2, no matter how many good games they had, didn't have games that I felt I had to have.
---
Any sig ideas?
#4superpyhron64(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 8:48:07 AM
superpyhron64 posted...
The Wii U is a stand-alone console, just like the Wii, Gamecube, and N64 before it. If you want your Third-Party machines PS4 of XONE you buy those. If you want some good exclusive First-Party games you get a Wii U. Why you people say you got a Wii U to "complement" your PS4 is not making sense.

---
"That is to say...Oops. My bad."-Pyhrron
Buying:Wii U Deluxe, NSMBU, Ocarina of Time 3D, and Super Mario 3D World.
#5Rasputin77Posted 11/11/2013 8:55:45 AM(edited)
^ Good one. You really got him back there. >__>

And the Wii U is a secondary console. It has been to my PS3 for almost a year now, and will continue to be to my PS4 (and PS3, likely well into 2014).

So congratulations on your opinion, and good luck figuring out why there are others that don't match yours. (HINT: All humans don't share a brain) Cheers!
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
GameFAQs needs a stat for "users who angrily tried to PM you but were blocked" XD
#6StarBladeEdgePosted 11/11/2013 9:06:15 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
^ Good one. You really got him back there. >__>

And the Wii U is a secondary console. It has been to my PS3 for almost a year now, and will continue to be to my PS4 (and PS3, likely well into 2014).

So congratulations on your opinion, and good luck figuring out why there are others that don't match yours. (HINT: All humans don't share a brain) Cheers!

lol stop with the lies. you don't own a wiiu and you never will. nice try .
---
Boujng ! i always there're loch , it steppapost drunk dr. boing is soulboy. don't touch my iPhat
#7Dannyson97Posted 11/11/2013 9:08:58 AM
It's a secondary console to those who see it as such. I myself have the Wii U as my primary and will either have a PS4, or Steam Box as a secondary.
---
Argue with me at your own risk I have way too much free time.
#8SupaShigPosted 11/11/2013 9:09:34 AM
I think you're misunderstanding what people mean...

People consider their 'third party machines' as you call them their main consoles because they can get all of the cross platform stuff AND the system exclusives on it.

I consider my Wii U a secondary system because I only bought it for the nintendo exclusives that come out. Its 'secondary' because it will get played much less because I will only be getting a game for it when something exclusive to it comes out.

Being secondary isn't a horrible thing. It means it has exclusives that are so good that I bought the console simply for the games and no other reason.
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 11/11/2013 9:13:02 AM
I realized the Wii U would be a complementary console before I bought it, but the point was driven home when I played it much less than the 360 this past year despite the Wii U being a new system. Such will be the case with the PS4 as I'll get more use out of that the first year of its life.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#10Godstriker8Posted 11/11/2013 9:16:24 AM
iKhan88 posted...
I think people just have different priorities and stinginess when it comes to consoles.

Personally, no matter how many good games a console has, I won't buy it until it has a "must-have". I can be sure Nintendo will have a "must-have" game every gen, so I buy the consoles. The PS3 came out with Ni No Kuni this year, which I consider a "must-have", so I'll be buying that as well. But the PS1 and PS2, no matter how many good games they had, didn't have games that I felt I had to have.

If you think the PS2 and PS1 didnt have must-have games, you're crazy. And wrong.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!