Best Games (released)

#1Ayredden83Posted 11/11/2013 4:31:25 PM
Hello,

I have had a Wii U since launch. I have largely left it on the shelf collecting dust but I'm starting to play it a little more. (not interested in any games coming out on 360 or PS3, and not really interested in getting PS4/ XBONE for a while)
I thought I would ask the crowd about some good games that I may have over looked or missed out on so far. Feel free to chime in with some recommendations, and why you like them. I would prefer Nintendo Exclusives. Something that has some fun local multiplayer is a plus, but I'm just looking to build a decent library.

I have played

New Super Mario Bros - Pretty Fun. I didn't play any of the ones on Wii, but it has a Super Mario World type feel. I still have it

Zombie U - I don't really care for it. I Traded it in

Nintendo Land - It came with the console. I don't play it often. It is great when family visits (Mario Chase gets crazy with my family)

Sonic Racers Transformed - I like it alright. My wife can't play it for beans. To be perfectly honest when we want to do some racing we just load up Wii mode and play Mario Cart Wii.

TANK TANK TANK - Kind of lame. I keep it because of camera shenanigans.

Call of Duty - Black Ops 2 - I don't really like shooters, but I jumped on the bandwagon for this. I will probably be trading it in for something else.
#2RahzarXPosted 11/11/2013 4:36:27 PM
If you like platformers, Mighty Switch Force is amazing and it's sequel just came out about a month ago.

Both are on the eshop for 5 or 6 dollars.

Nintendo Land and Wii Party U are both great additions.

You should look into Pikmin as well! Love me some Pikmin!
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#3Halladay32Posted 11/11/2013 4:43:12 PM
The Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends are both not only great games in their own right, but offer local multiplayer as well. I would highly recommend them.
---
"High! The girl...She's really high up in this picture!"
#4Motobug321Posted 11/11/2013 4:44:30 PM
Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost World, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Wind Waker HD and Rayman Legends are all exceptional games, and are all out. Also, Super Mario 3D World is coming out on the 22nd of this month, and it looks phenomenal.
#5desert_santaPosted 11/11/2013 4:46:30 PM
Lego city undercover
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Rayman legends

Looking forward to assassins creed 4 & Mario 3d world.
#6Ayredden83(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 4:52:23 PM
I hear a lot of good things about Pikmin 3. Does it matter if I have never played a Pikmin game before?
#7Motobug321Posted 11/11/2013 4:55:14 PM
Ayredden83 posted...
I hear a lot of good things about Pikmin 3. Does it matter if I have never played a Pikmin game before?

Well, there are some nods to the original Pikmin games, but overall I think you should be fine.
#8RahzarXPosted 11/11/2013 4:58:26 PM
Ayredden83 posted...

Nope, only if you want to laugh at references, just like the Mario titles.

Go get it!
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#9Ayredden83(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 5:12:27 PM
I will add that to the list. It looks like something my wife would play.

I'm looking to add one more game. Anything with really good local multiplayer or great online?
#10RahzarXPosted 11/11/2013 6:24:06 PM(edited)
Ayredden83 posted...
I will add that to the list. It looks like something my wife would play.

I'm looking to add one more game. Anything with really good local multiplayer or great online?

You can't go wrong with the Wii Sports Club, the online is flawless! Only 9.99 per sport and there's a 24 hour trial to start you out.

Rayman Legends has no online but it does have the BEST local multiplayer I have ever experienced in any game. Ever. It's a genuinely amazing platformer.
---