ACIV is on every current console's top 10... except for Wii U.

#61Skill4ReelPosted 11/11/2013 10:07:16 PM
How many people before last year were playing Assassin's Creed on Nintendo consoles? The fan base for the series started and is still the strongest on the other platforms. I would have gladly traded Assassin's Creed III(which I had no interest in buying on Wii U) as an Ubisoft launch title for Ghost Recon Online. A game that would have had a much greater impact as a launch release and the overall success of the Wii U console than ACIII last year.

A lot of Wii U owners are buying ACIV on their other consoles, where they've probably played all of the other games in the series.
#62lp913Posted 11/11/2013 10:08:00 PM
UponADarkThorne posted...
REAL_kielbasa posted...
Nintendo gamers whine when third-party games skip Wii u, but when devs do support a Wii U, nobody buys the games.

Then Nintendo fans make all sorts of BS excuses, often making insults and accusations at the very developers who are supporting Wii U.

It's sad and pathetic.

It's a Catch 22.

Should I buy games that I don't care about, just to prove to third party developers there's a market? I could run out and buy Call of Duty: Ghosts... But then there's the fact I absolutely detest the franchise and consider it everything wrong with the modern FPS genre.

The third party games I want - the Fallouts, the Witchers, and the like - aren't coming to the Wii U regardless. I'm not going to buy a game I won't enjoy just in hopes that someone will take pity on my console of choice and give me a bone - especially when they won't.

Then there's the fact that some company's just do completely dick moves; Mass Effect 3 comes to mind. They sold an old port and full price, when the price dropped on other systems, after they released a collection of the entire franchise on every other system that's being sold for less than they were asking the Wii U version of one game. Personally, that was the third strike for EA in my books and I didn't even own a Wii U at the time. (For the record; strike one was just killing the Ultima franchise and not at least offering it a decent send off and strike two was forcing multi-player into a single-player genre, in hopes of drawing the CoD audience, after already progressively casualizing CRPGs.)

^EXACTLY this, and that goes for all gaming platforms, not just Nintendo ones! Case in point NRS is already pushing it with me promoting Injustice Gods Among Us "Ultimate Edition" when over half the character roster doesn't have any DLC skins to account for (on any version) yet its being advertised as a "complete" version, plus they've given far more care into their smartphone/idevices support under the same title name.........UGH! :-(
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#63thisranksPosted 11/11/2013 10:22:25 PM
The_Rami posted...
Is this even fair? Assassins creed 3 is the first AC game on a Nintendo system, and it sucked ass. Plus Wii U hasn't sold 4 million yet. No one is buying a Wii U to play AC IV.

I think as a Nintendo fan i'd be far more worried that the console isn't selling well than one 3rd party game although i understand where people are coming with this particular argument. Nintendo gets the 3rd party games some people are clamouring for but they aren't selling well and now they are here no one is talking about them.

You learn very quickly that hypocrisy is the flavor of the day every day on Gamefaqs. See, they want these games on the system to say they have them ... however they will conveniently ignore the fact they aren't selling well because that would be negative.

"Ooh ... we have ACIV." "But how's it selling?" "Err ... ah ... we have Batman, too." "But how's it selling?" Yeah, did i mention ignorance is the next biggest flavor of the day?
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW
#64Baha05Posted 11/11/2013 10:25:23 PM
thisranks posted...
I think as a Nintendo fan i'd be far more worried that the console isn't selling well than one 3rd party game although i understand where people are coming with this particular argument. Nintendo gets the 3rd party games some people are clamouring for but they aren't selling well and now they are here no one is talking about them.

You learn very quickly that hypocrisy is the flavor of the day every day on Gamefaqs. See, they want these games on the system to say they have them ... however they will conveniently ignore the fact they aren't selling well because that would be negative.

"Ooh ... we have ACIV." "But how's it selling?" "Err ... ah ... we have Batman, too." "But how's it selling?" Yeah, did i mention ignorance is the next biggest flavor of the day?

Well it's obvious a game will outsell a system this early in. Besides you have to figure a few things/reasons why these games aren't selling and put into account people focus too much on the negativity on it and developers take these sales as a means to not try.
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#65Gogo726Posted 11/12/2013 12:47:42 AM
To answer the question in the topic, it's simple really. Fans of the series would already have systems to play 1-3 and the extra Ezio games. Why bother getting 3 and 4 on the new system when you have a system already to play them on? Meanwhile, those who want to get into the series and only have a Wii U aren't going to be able catch up on the series because it doesn't have the previous AC games.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#66Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 11/12/2013 12:50:25 AM
Bongbuddy posted...
It's not a Mario game.
#67Neo_HeartlessPosted 11/12/2013 1:54:31 AM
There's little point in arguing this as the trolls will spin anything. The simple truth of the matter is that people have different tastes and its unfair to expect the vast majority of WiiU owners to buy every single game just to placate third parties.

I mean, I've never bought an Assassin's Creed game. I'm sure they're good games but I've just had so many other games to play. I hope people enjoy 4 and Ubisoft did put actual work into the port, but why is it fair to expect me to buy it when I've not played any of the other games?

Games sell well on other consoles because they have large install bases. I mean, no one expects all 70 million PS3 owners to buy ACIV. Hell, in the grand scheme of things, unless your game is GTAV or CoD (which could have an actual argument if it wasn't CoD), you sell, what, 2 million on the PS3 at best? That means that console has 2.8% people who are a fan of that particular game.

So lets say the WiiU has something similar and completely ignore the fact that a multiplat game which is well established might have people sticking with the console they bought the others on. There's what, 4 million WiiUs in the world? So that means worldwide you could expect a multiplat game on WiiU to sell AT BEST, 112k copies unless its a stellar game like GTA. We'll never know how much CoD sold for a while, because we keep getting Percentages rather than numbers.

But you know. The trolls are right about something. Nintendo fans buy Nintendo games. They use it as an insult but its true. The same way CoD fans buy CoD, RPG fans buy Final Fantasy, Football/Soccer fans buy Madden/Fifa. Sometimes the fanbases intermingle, certainly there's plenty of game genres I like, but for the most part they go for what they know.

We know the sales of the WiiU have been awful. It's only really been Nintendo fans who are buying it, so why are we feigning surprise that Nintendo games are the ones that sell? Why is it fair to expect such a small install base to lap up every single third party game? I'm not made of money. I got TW101, I got Deus Ex, what more do you want from me? I've got a backlog of PC and 3DS games to play through as well.

Here's a shocking development. It's very possible that the majority of WiiU owners have other consoles or a PC to buy for. This is why a 3 way console split isn't going to work, it's never going to be a perfect 3 way split and then we'll get sensationalist articles claiming WiiU owners don't buy console games who's fanbases are well established on other consoles. I mean, lets just ignore the fact that the first week of sales of Rayman in the UK were highest on the WiiU. Those nasty WiiU owners just don't buy third party games!
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#68StarBladeEdgePosted 11/12/2013 1:59:06 AM
Citan22 posted...
'splain it to me why?

why should we explain something to you just because your brain is so tiny ?
---
Boujng ! i always there're loch , it steppapost drunk dr. boing is soulboy. don't touch my iPhat
#69DrumguyPosted 11/12/2013 10:08:21 AM
Bongbuddy posted...
aiyobro posted...
dues Ex and batman havent even managed 10,000 copies

Pathetic.

Got anything constructive to contribute?
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#70DiscostewSMPosted 11/12/2013 10:10:18 AM
So why is ACIV not on Wii U's top 10 considered a bad thing?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project