Wii U worth purchasing for the new Mario game?

#41bond465Posted 11/12/2013 4:15:41 PM
If you have to ask a bunch of strangers online, you don't want it.
#42BaconPancakesPosted 11/15/2013 1:13:20 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Motobug321 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Motobug321 posted...
moogle69 posted...
3d mario games are always worth it, exception being sunshine.

Sunshine is my favorite game of all time....

This explains so much.

What is that supposed mean? I just thought it was a fun game. The atmosphere was perfect, it controlled well, the free camera was a huge improvement over 64, tons of secrets to find, lots of variety in the bosses, and overall I just couldn't find a single flaw with it.

What didn't you like about it? Or better yet, what is your favorite game of all time? I'm curious as to what your stance is.

Your post has explained some of your previous behavior. Don't think to much of it. Also, don't expect me to detail to you every fault in every game that I dare to dislike. We have been through this already. Accept my opinion and keep it moving.

And my favorite game is TLoZ:OoT

Your favourite game is the over-hyped Zelda which started the downfall of the franchise! :3 Still a good game, though. Also, by "downfall", I mean it became more casual and dumbed down for a broader audience.
---
PS3 - Matface. Wii U - SnoringSnorlax. X360 - xTourniqueTx.
#43Too_many_namesPosted 11/15/2013 4:04:45 AM
If you have a Wii U, 3D World is a must have (unless you aren't a fan of Mario or platformers). But, I think the best time to buy the system would be after DKTF is released sometime in February. Then, you can enjoy those 2 games (and maybe another title, like Pikmin 3) until Mario Kart comes out in Spring.
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".
#44donkeyjackPosted 11/15/2013 7:25:25 AM(edited)
Ocarina of Time is one of the big titans of the 5th gen that influenced 3D gaming. You're insane if you think it's over-hyped.
---
"Live on the run police paying me to give in my gun/Trick the wisdom with the system that imprisoned my son." - Nas Esco Circa '95
#45deathwave21Posted 11/15/2013 7:29:05 AM
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
Depends on how much money you have to spend. You got:

2D Mario + Luigi U
3D Mario
Wind Waker HD
Pikmin 3

plus some 3rd party titles like Ninja Gaiden 3:RE and Sonic Lost Worlds. Also BC with all the great titles from the Wii; such as Galaxy 1/2, Metroid: Other M, Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, A boy and his blob, and many others.

And all that is just to hold you over until Donkey Kong comes out in February, then Mario Kart sometime between April and June, (then a summer drought), then Smash Bros and hopefully Zelda.

---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#4685090578765572Posted 11/15/2013 7:37:53 AM
Yes. If I hadn't already bought a Wii U for Wind Waker HD I would definately have bought it for Super Mario 3D World.