Wii U will not fail cause it's a supplementary console to many people

#1blazeUP12Posted 11/12/2013 5:23:32 PM
All these doom and gloom topics forget one key part of the equation: Wii U appeals to the MOST people. It appeals to Nintendo fans, Sony fans, MS fans, PC fans, and soccer moms.

People who buy a PS4 won't buy a Xbone cause it'll be redundant, they'll buy a Wii U.
People who buy a Xbone won't buy a PS4 cause it'll be redundant, they'll buy a Wii U.
PC gamers need to buy a Wii U if they wanna play Nintendo games.
Soccer moms love the kid-friendly Wii U.

So all you people who are worried about the Wii U, don't be worried about the new consoles launching. You should be happy, cause those consoles will spark consumer interest in games again, and people will definitely consider a Wii U for its low price and exclusives that you can't get anywhere else.

Like Super Mario 3D World. I mean, who wouldn't wanna play that game? It's just so much different than anything else out there, which is ironic cause it's the oldest franchise still relevant today.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX
#2TransdudePosted 11/12/2013 5:31:02 PM(edited)
From what I've heard from a lot of people on this site, they plan on getting one of the X86 systems (XB1, PS4, PC) and a Wii U. So, TC's argument is valid.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#3smokie58401Posted 11/12/2013 5:44:53 PM
Right now I just upgraded my GPU and am planning to stick PC/WiiU and maybe a ps4 for exclusives. But I need games I want on the system before I buy it.

You have it a little wrong TC. PS4 gamers buy a wiiU to supplement. PC gamers buy a WiiU to supplement. Xbox One gamers don't buy anything else because all they play is Call of Duty and madden and that's all.
---
Beware of TC the bear.
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3610/tc2t.png
#4SuigintouEVPosted 11/12/2013 5:58:47 PM
It's definitely a supplementary console for me, although I may just get it before PS4.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#5The_Shadow_LinkPosted 11/12/2013 6:04:56 PM
blazeUP12 posted...

People who buy a PS4 won't buy a Xbone cause it'll be redundant, they'll buy a Wii U. - Wrong, there may be Xbone games they are interested in.
People who buy a Xbone won't buy a PS4 cause it'll be redundant, they'll buy a Wii U. - Wrong, there may be PS4 games they are interested in.
PC gamers need to buy a Wii U if they wanna play Nintendo games. - They can also get a PS4 is they wanna play Sony games and an Xbone if they wanna play Microsoft games
Soccer moms love the kid-friendly Wii U. - True, shame that market is more interested in iOS now.

Like Super Mario 3D World. I mean, who wouldn't wanna play that game? It's just so much different than anything else out there... - Except for Super Mario 3D Land... and New Super Mario Bros U... and Super Mario Galaxy 2... there's a lot of other recent Mario Platformers for newcomers that they can get for much cheaper prices... Rayman Legends is also another good recent option as well.

Not exactly helping your case here, is it?
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#6hyperdimeduckPosted 11/12/2013 6:07:37 PM
I'm the opposite, Wii U's my main console and the PS4 will be supplementary. I really only want one for KH3 anyway.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#7XylvanianPosted 11/12/2013 6:38:50 PM
hyperdimeduck posted...
I'm the opposite, Wii U's my main console and the PS4 will be supplementary. I really only want one for KH3 anyway.

Same here, just like my PS3 is supplementary to my Wii.
---
"I am the bone of my sword, steel is my body and fire is my blood." - Archer
#8Omega_BlackPosted 11/12/2013 6:41:28 PM
Indeed, just like last gen.
It won't sell gangbusters like the original Wii obviously yet it will be that other console people have for their kids or larger group gatherings.
Wii U doesn't come close to the all-encompassing entertainment solution the XBO/PS4 are trying to be.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#9DontMindIfIDoPosted 11/12/2013 6:42:48 PM
I don't think I've ever in my life thought of any of my systems as main, supplementary or complimentary. I just play games.
#10Omega_BlackPosted 11/12/2013 7:19:08 PM
DontMindIfIDo posted...
I don't think I've ever in my life thought of any of my systems as main, supplementary or complimentary. I just play games.
Same here until the sixth gen. Then again, that was the first time I ever owned two current consoles at the same time. Nintendo's console was more of a supplement then, too.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168