Is now a good time to get a Wii U?

#1MisterIveyPosted 11/13/2013 8:53:14 AM
It's very tempting to pick up the Wii U Wind Waker bundle from my local Best Buy tomorrow, considering Super Mario 3D Land is right around the corner, and there are a good handful of games I'd like to pick up. I've looked up games that are coming out over the next six months, but are there any you guys are particularly excited to buy?

I'd like a PS4 but it doesn't look like it's worth it until at least Infamous is out and of course MGS V.
---
Supports my head; gives me something to believe.
PSN: KorbenDallas89 Steam: Pliskin89
#21shadetail1Posted 11/13/2013 8:55:02 AM
Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101, both outstanding games, are already out. Super Mario 3D World is right around the corner, and DK Country Tropical Freeze is about three months away. And that's just what I can think of at the moment.

Yeah, I'd say this is a great time to pick one up.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3SpidermanThreadPosted 11/13/2013 8:55:07 AM
MisterIvey posted...
It's very tempting to pick up the Wii U Wind Waker bundle from my local Best Buy tomorrow, considering Super Mario 3D Land is right around the corner, and there are a good handful of games I'd like to pick up. I've looked up games that are coming out over the next six months, but are there any you guys are particularly excited to buy?

I'd like a PS4 but it doesn't look like it's worth it until at least Infamous is out and of course MGS V.

Since Knack and killzone got universally panned, get a PS4 next year when Infamous is released. Until then play Super Mario 3D World.
#4VirtuaSnipaPosted 11/13/2013 8:55:46 AM
Its really up to you and what "you" want from games. What we've been waiting for is either out or in 2014. I grabbed a Wii U last july, I have not been disappointed.

I get the feeling this post is gonna get mauled by morons. Console wars bug me now. Not because of healthy competition, but because of incompetent blowhards.
---
Dark Souls? Hard?!
You clearly haven't played Resonance of Fate.
#5GiygasminionPosted 11/13/2013 8:57:38 AM
I really like the Wii U. If you see enough games you're interested in to justify the purchase, then absolutely pick one up.
---
NN ID: Achilles11 3DS FC: 0860-3339-6889
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#6MisterIvey(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 8:59:28 AM
VirtuaSnipa posted...
Its really up to you and what "you" want from games. What we've been waiting for is either out or in 2014. I grabbed a Wii U last july, I have not been disappointed.

I get the feeling this post is gonna get mauled by morons. Console wars bug me now. Not because of healthy competition, but because of incompetent blowhards.

I can look past trolls so no worries on that front, haha. Well I may have to get this tomorrow. It also seems too hard to pass up a Zelda-themed Wii U when they may be hard to find once the system gets more popular.

One question about Super Mario 3D Land, can you use all the controllers currently available? Like can I use the tablet controller and have a couple friends on Wii Remotes + nunchuck, and one person on the gamepad?
---
Supports my head; gives me something to believe.
PSN: KorbenDallas89 Steam: Pliskin89
#7VirtuaSnipaPosted 11/13/2013 9:01:14 AM
MisterIvey posted...
VirtuaSnipa posted...

I can look past trolls so no worries on that front, haha. Well I may have to get this tomorrow. It also seems too hard to pass up a Zelda-themed Wii U when they may be hard to find once the system gets more popular.

One question about Super Mario 3D Land, can you use all the controllers currently available? Like can I use the tablet controller and have a couple friends on Wii Remotes + nunchuck, and one person on the gamepad?

Yes, Yes, and once again!, yep.
---
Dark Souls? Hard?!
You clearly haven't played Resonance of Fate.
#8Tempest717Posted 11/13/2013 9:01:19 AM
I'd get the Super Mario bundle, it's a much better value. And this is coming from someone who got the WWHD bundle :l
---
NNID/PSN: Tempest717
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybewnsXOY1qikhz3o1_r1_500.gif
#9Zato InfinitePosted 11/13/2013 9:02:42 AM
MisterIvey posted...

Barbie Dream House Party was released yesterday- Now is the perfect time.
---
Hey guys! Zatanna got nerfed to the Heroes' side!
#10wugeezyPosted 11/13/2013 9:04:55 AM
I am enjoying the wii u. But it all depends on whether enough of the games interest you right now to make a purchase. If they do, then it might be worth it especially with the bundles out and since its the holiday shopping season, you might see more gift card offers with purchase.

If there are not enough games to interest you I would say wait until there are.

I would check to see the games people are mentioning and pull up some gameplay videos on youtube along with video reviews to see what people are saying and to see if the games look interesting.