I've noticed people saying that they want Nintendo stuff in third party games.

#1AdamLazarusoPosted 11/13/2013 1:33:23 PM
Like when talking about the potential of a game on the Wii U I quite often see people say stuff like 'they could have Nintendo exclusive features like a cameo from x game'.

Do people really want this? It's fine for stuff like having bonus characters in fighting games (like Link in SC2) but otherwise do you really wanna have other games featuring Nintendo characters that really don't belong there just for the sake of a cameo?
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#2segagamerPosted 11/13/2013 1:34:50 PM
Either optional pre-order code or cheap DLC?
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
NNID: JZimino
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 11/13/2013 1:34:57 PM
You more or less have to insert first party stuff into third party games to get third party games to sell on Nintendo's console. That's kind of the situation, and it's not even in the positive sort of light in the sense of Soul Calibur 2, where each system would offer something different.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#4segagamerPosted 11/13/2013 1:36:35 PM
Also, Ray Plumber is my main in Rayman Legends so...

I wanted Sam Fisher Rayman too, though! I never used AC IV Barbara.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
NNID: JZimino
#5SS4_NamreppivPosted 11/13/2013 1:38:35 PM
Would you want Mario in a Sonic game? or maybe Sonic in a Mario game? I'm not talking about the Olympic series, because that's a given. Imagine Samus in a Megaman game, or, Pikachu in Monster Hunter. Link in a DMC title. Shulk in a Final Fantasy.... So many possibilities, so little chance of any happening.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 11/13/2013 1:41:18 PM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Would you want Mario in a Sonic game? or maybe Sonic in a Mario game? I'm not talking about the Olympic series, because that's a given. Imagine Samus in a Megaman game, or, Pikachu in Monster Hunter. Link in a DMC title. Shulk in a Final Fantasy.... So many possibilities, so little chance of any happening.

A Mario and Sonic game in the platforming genre would seem fitting, but I can't imagine it working well at all. It's hard to imagine Mario working in something like Generations or the more slowed down Lost World even if it is a lot like Galaxy, and it's hard to imagine Sonic working well in Mario games' typically slower-paced and more precise platforming. I would buy the game on principle if they could pull that off, but I can't imagine the perfect combination to do so.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
#7Tempest717Posted 11/13/2013 1:43:46 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
SS4_Namreppiv posted...

A Mario and Sonic game in the platforming genre would seem fitting, but I can't imagine it working well at all. It's hard to imagine Mario working in something like Generations or the more slowed down Lost World even if it is a lot like Galaxy, and it's hard to imagine Sonic working well in Mario games' typically slower-paced and more precise platforming. I would buy the game on principle if they could pull that off, but I can't imagine the perfect combination to do so.

They could just make it like SA2:B and have each character have a certain level type.
---
NNID/PSN: Tempest717
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybewnsXOY1qikhz3o1_r1_500.gif
#8NovaLevossidaPosted 11/13/2013 1:51:23 PM
Tempest717 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
SS4_Namreppiv posted...

They could just make it like SA2:B and have each character have a certain level type.

I'd pass on that. It would be amazing to design a game for two different characters who could take branching paths through levels based on their own abilities and power-ups or stick to the same common path. Separating them into levels would be like half of a Sonic game and half of a Mario game combined. Not really that interesting, and it would kill a lot of the excitement for me.
---