Should I get a WiiU or a Vita?

#1CJXtremePosted 11/14/2013 3:21:20 AM
I'm planning to get either one by the end of this year, so I figured I'd ask around. Which is better in terms of specs,price and games?
---
Nice watch. Too bad you won't be able to tell the time after I break it. Your face that is.
3DS FC: 3265 5311 1255 (Do PM after adding me)
#2MaciverPosted 11/14/2013 3:24:19 AM
Wii-U without a doubt. Seems like Sony has all but given up on the Vita! x
---
Wii-U addy BEADY MINK
#3Neo_HeartlessPosted 11/14/2013 3:28:29 AM
A loaded question, especially since it really depends on your taste in games.

The WiiU has a growning staple of Nintendo games, like Mario and Pikmin, as well as access to some unique exclusives (Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter), and most of the multiplat games released at this time of year (Batman, Black Flag, CoD). It is however more expensive than the Vita and the eShop isn't as in depth as PSN. However the digital deluxe program gives you money back on your eShop purchases towards other eShop purchases and Nintendo have a Loyalty program in Club Nintendo (Varies on where you live). WiiU does have a small HDD though (32Gb on the deluxe) which may necessitate getting an external HDD.

The Vita has a larger selection of Japanese style games (by which I mean 90% of its games have an anime style to them), some good exclusives (Gravity Rush). Its cheaper than the WiiU and the online store (PSN) is larger, plus if you don't mind the subscription, PSN+ throws games at you and gives you money off discounts. However the Vita's memory cards are propiatory cards made by Sony and are more expensive than your standard SD card.

I'd look into the games on both and see what you prefer.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#4Chocobo115Posted 11/14/2013 3:33:25 AM
Would need more info on what you're looking for in a system.

Whilst I clearly prefer the vita over the Wii U. Comparing a console and a handheld is like comparing apples to pears.
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#5TalentedMPosted 11/14/2013 3:33:56 AM
You own a 3DS.

I fail to see the necessity of the Vita. For me it would most likely just be an addon later for the PS4 for when I don't wanna get up and the game allows me to play it there instead.

Even then, it is a distant "maybe" purchase for me in the future.

I would go with a Wii U personally.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#6CJXtreme(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 3:41:58 AM
Hmm I'm looking for some casual gaming, nothing too serious. I don't play FPS games either, if that helps. I own a PS3 (no plans on upgrading to PS4) as well, so I was wondering if the Vita was compatible with it.
---
Nice watch. Too bad you won't be able to tell the time after I break it. Your face that is.
#7TalentedMPosted 11/14/2013 3:43:18 AM
CJXtreme posted...
Hmm I'm looking for some casual gaming, nothing too serious. I don't play FPS games either, if that helps. I own a PS3 (no plans on upgrading to PS4) as well, so I was wondering if the Vita was compatible with it.

On the go or at home?

Because they both have different functions.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#8CJXtreme(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 3:45:57 AM
TalentedM posted...
CJXtreme posted...

On the go or at home?

Because they both have different functions.

I mostly play my games at home, even if they are handhelds.
---
#9torres007Posted 11/14/2013 3:46:14 AM
I play my Vita a lot more than my Wii U and 3DS. The Wii U is a nice system though, but so is the Vita.
---
Torres man get a sig.
#10CJXtreme(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 3:49:18 AM
torres007 posted...
I play my Vita a lot more than my Wii U and 3DS. The Wii U is a nice system though, but so is the Vita.

Hence my dilemma. I love Nintendo titles, but I can't bear to overlook the Japanese games (Ninty has region lock) the Vita has either.
---