Miyamoto: Mario 3D doesnt mean the end of Mario Galaxy

#31messhia_darkPosted 11/14/2013 4:05:45 PM
BJ_Kill posted...
hiplock posted...
zeloswilder_fan posted...
Please don't forget about Mario Sunshine.

Still my favorite Mario.

what they said

---
Everything bad I do is for a good reason.
SSBB FC:1593-2027-8743
#32PokejedservoPosted 11/14/2013 4:22:04 PM
SquallAlmasy posted...
liveman789 posted...
Sad_Face posted...
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario 3D _____

UNIVERSE

And the sequel could be Super Mario Multiverse.

They could get really creative with multiple versions of characters and worlds.

Agreed now this I do like.
---
Behind The Voice- http://behindthevoiceactors.com/
My VA Resume Site: http://pokejedservovoiceactingresume.wetpaint.com/
#33shdwdrgnixPosted 11/14/2013 4:32:45 PM
I much prefer having an Exploration Mario game like how 64 allowed you to do almost every star as soon as you first entered the level and offered a lot of replay value. Sunshine never let you do shines out of order but at least you could explore the stages and see how much they change as you progress. Galaxy 1/2 are completely linear and almost always will force on following the same set path until you get the star you selected. The gravity gimmicks were quite amazing at first, but theses games just aren't as fun as the first two.
#34ACDCrules1Posted 11/14/2013 5:03:25 PM
iKhan88 posted...
I don't want a new Galaxy game. That game's already been rehashed once. I just want the 64/Sunshine/Galaxy game mechanics in a new game.

I want Super Mario NetWorld. Bowser uses a machine to take Princess Peach with him into a virtual world. From there Mario must travel through the virtual world for find her. This premise would allow the level diversity of Galaxy without being an actual Galaxy game.

What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet. Seriously, what difference does it matter rather its called Super Mario Galaxy 3 or Super Mario NetWorld? The game would play just the same regardless of the name.
---
Newstalgia - a term used to describe people who are unopened to the idea that anything from the past is of any value; people who feel only the new is good.
#35deathwave21Posted 11/14/2013 6:39:59 PM
hyperdimeduck posted...
I just want to be go for whatever star you can no matter what mission you picked, like in Mario 64. It annoyed me that you couldn't in Sunshine and both Galxaies.

SM64 felt too generic in that aspect. The levels were waaaay to short and were virtually identical each of the six times you were forced to redo them. Imagine if you could enter the level, collect ALL 7 stars, and then exit. The whole game would be like completing 1, maybe 2 worlds in SMW on the SNES. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it; it was great for its time.

Sunshine failed because there were even less levels, you had to enter them even more times, and they all felt the same. Galaxy fixed the problems with 64 and Sunshine. Each time you entered a level in the galaxy games, it was like doing a different level. Grabbing the star was pretty much the same as tagging a flagpole. The Galaxy games were amazing and as close to perfection Nintendo had taken the series since SMW.

Mario would never work as a true open world experience. It is a platformer where one is meant to go from one section to the next. Super Mario 3D World is just as open world as 64 was, but SM3DW will be much better because it fixes all the flaws that game had. To name a few:

-Not forced to exit the level after collecting a star
-Can take power-ups from level to level
-80+ levels comapared to SM64's 24 levels
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#36RyanSBHFPosted 11/14/2013 7:41:47 PM
Sad_Face posted...
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario 3D _____

Super Mario 3D Galaxy
Super Mario 3D Universe
Super Mario 3D Parallel Universe
Super Mario 3D Multiverse
#37Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/15/2013 10:37:19 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
liveman789 posted...
Sad_Face posted...
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario 3D _____

UNIVERSE

No, the next one is going to be Super Mario 3D 64. After that will be 3D Sunshine... and then we'll have 3D Galaxy.

But wait....we'd still need a Super Mario 3D Bros. prequel.
#38Nin3DSFanPosted 11/16/2013 8:15:10 AM
I'm just going to assume that he might not literally mean a "Super Mario Galaxy 3", but a successor to Super Mario Galaxy 2, in the sense of "an open world free-roaming non-timed-stage-filled explorable non-linear Mario game"?
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#39Sega9599Posted 11/16/2013 9:33:55 AM
justdontask posted...
He gets a land, and a world, and a mouse. he gets a galaxy. you get a ****ing house.

Super Mario 3D Galaxy confirmed.

bonus points if you recognize that line.

I don't recognize it.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....