Need Metroid Prime 4 :(

#21biggerboss777Posted 11/15/2013 5:51:15 AM
We dont need a prime 4 just yet... We need metroid 5!!!
#22striker1064Posted 11/15/2013 6:13:34 AM
I played Prime 3 when it first released and I loved it to death. But it's been so long now, I can't remember the ending of that game at all - is the story completely wrapped up, or was there an opening for future Prime games?

I'd be fine if it's not another Prime game, but I absolutely loved the first-person Prime games. So anything first-person Metroid would be awesome.
---
NNID/PSN/Steam: striker1064
#23Eye of the BeholderPosted 11/15/2013 6:40:56 AM
I would actually prefer no more Prime games. I loved them, but unless Samus has versatility of movement like in Super Metroid/Other M, no more FPS.
---
Brawl-FC-1203-8953-0974 (X40)
"Help!!! I'm being attacked by white transparent ninjas!" - pipeman
#24kingoffps(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 7:23:26 AM
Eye of the Beholder posted...
I would actually prefer no more Prime games. I loved them, but unless Samus has versatility of movement like in Super Metroid/Other M, no more FPS.

I'm guessing you mean things like wall jumping up a shaft yeah?

I see your point.

To be honest though I can't think of any practical way with current technology to have that sort of control freedom in a first person perspective. Maybe when we get VR technology and such.

Shinespark would be fairly easy to do I think. It would just cause the camera to lunge forward at incredible speed.
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#25CustomNamePosted 11/15/2013 10:39:34 AM
I think it could be great to have an Other M kind of Metroid game on the TV with first person view on the gamepad instead of pointing the controller, although I like Other M. But I also want another Prime/Retro game too.
#26Dev0311Posted 11/15/2013 10:50:56 AM
They should do a prequel, Metroid Prime Zero
---
Take One look at the resolution and walk away...
#27Eye of the BeholderPosted 11/15/2013 3:09:24 PM
kingoffps posted...

I see your point.

To be honest though I can't think of any practical way with current technology to have that sort of control freedom in a first person perspective. Maybe when we get VR technology and such.

Shinespark would be fairly easy to do I think. It would just cause the camera to lunge forward at incredible speed.

Samus just moves too slow from a first person view point. Prime 1 was perfect in its atmosphere and pace of the game. But I feel the other games thereafter were probably impeded by her lack of movement. Criticisms aside, Other M kind of set a standard for her combat maneuvers.
---
Brawl-FC-1203-8953-0974 (X40)
"Help!!! I'm being attacked by white transparent ninjas!" - pipeman
#28ThePrisoner06Posted 11/15/2013 3:21:32 PM
Would be really good if Metroid Dread saw the light of day and was made and released.

Hinted at in Metroid Prime 3, but that is as far as it went.
---
NNID - AndyInTheUK. Now writing the complete Cryptology for Conduit 2.
http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg
#29kingoffps(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 5:27:36 AM
kingoffps posted...

I see your point.

Samus just moves too slow from a first person view point. Prime 1 was perfect in its atmosphere and pace of the game. But I feel the other games thereafter were probably impeded by her lack of movement. Criticisms aside, Other M kind of set a standard for her combat maneuvers.

I agree. Maybe something as simple as a run button (like in Super Metroid) would solve the problem?

And yeah the Metroid Dread reference is quite annoying. It's the equivalent of trolling to be honest.
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#30deimos91Posted 11/16/2013 5:50:17 AM(edited)
Nope not till we get metroid 5 and it needs to be a 2.5d side scroller
---
You're a caveman angrily throwing rocks at fire.