Co-worker: "I wonder what Nintendo is doing".

#1HeroC114Posted 11/15/2013 8:02:42 AM
*facepalm*

Talk about beating a dead horse, but as a gamer first, and a Nintendo fan second this just pains me.

My co-worker enjoys Super Smash Bros and Ocarina of Time on the N64, he enjoys Nintendo characters.

Keep in mind, this person is also consistently busy and is also in the military, but their marketing sucks that a person like this doesn't know about Nintendo's new console.

Is it fair to say that Nintendo cannot retain their fan base from generation to generation because they consistently abandon them?
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
#2ADHDguitarPosted 11/15/2013 8:04:46 AM
I don't think anyone thinks Nintendo's marketing is good right now.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are tan(1.560796660108231381024981575)% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#3iKhan88Posted 11/15/2013 8:06:44 AM
When did Nintendo abandon their fanbase? Seriously tell me, I have no idea.

Their fanbase certainly abandoned them last gen, but Nintendo has always made games their fanbase could enjoy.
---
Any sig ideas?
#4SuigintouEVPosted 11/15/2013 8:15:04 AM(edited)
I mentioned that I might be buying a Wii U to my sister, who bought a Wii on her own accord.
Her response?
"Wii U? What's that? WEEEUUUU WEEEUUUU"

When did Nintendo abandon their fanbase? Seriously tell me, I have no idea.

Their fanbase certainly abandoned them last gen, but Nintendo has always made games their fanbase could enjoy.

They did dumb games down which the fanbase never asked for. Like when Miyamoto made them make Skyward Sword easier than the beta and all the incessent Fi "Do this, this, that, this, and then mayybee you will progress" for every single puzzle.

This from a series that in 2D was based on pure execution and high difficulty.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#5iKhan88Posted 11/15/2013 8:06:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6iKhan88Posted 11/15/2013 8:08:20 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
I don't think anyone thinks Nintendo's marketing is good right now.

Since the end of October it's been pretty dead on.
---
Any sig ideas?
#7EndgamePosted 11/15/2013 8:27:44 AM

bull****

there were only three first party Wii games that did not suck: Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii (yeah, I know what you're thinking, but believe me, they actually TRIED with this one!), and Super Mario Galaxy 2, and even SMG2 had some pretty glaring problems (lolBattle Belt Galaxy)

their "core" titles however, ****ing sucked

Brawl's roster and mechanics were terrible, Radiant Dawn was just Path of Radiance all over again (in that it's incredibly dumbed down and all you ever have to do to win is just use Ike, who isn't even the strongest unit until he gets Ragnell) but with more stupid plot twists, Other M..... enough said, Skyward Sword is incredibly dumbed down Zelda with a horrible, often unresponsive control scheme

so where the **** were the games that those of us with standards, standards developed after decades with Nintendo, including the N64 and Gamecube eras, could enjoy?

we did not betray Nintendo, Nintendo betrayed us, Iwata ruined everything
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#8cmincPosted 11/15/2013 8:46:04 AM
Endgame posted...

bull****

there were only three first party Wii games that did not suck: Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii (yeah, I know what you're thinking, but believe me, they actually TRIED with this one!), and Super Mario Galaxy 2, and even SMG2 had some pretty glaring problems (lolBattle Belt Galaxy)

their "core" titles however, ****ing sucked

Brawl's roster and mechanics were terrible, Radiant Dawn was just Path of Radiance all over again (in that it's incredibly dumbed down and all you ever have to do to win is just use Ike, who isn't even the strongest unit until he gets Ragnell) but with more stupid plot twists, Other M..... enough said, Skyward Sword is incredibly dumbed down Zelda with a horrible, often unresponsive control scheme

so where the **** were the games that those of us with standards, standards developed after decades with Nintendo, including the N64 and Gamecube eras, could enjoy?

we did not betray Nintendo, Nintendo betrayed us, Iwata ruined everything

Eck-f'ing-zackly this. Even assuming that the games he mentioned were awesome, it equals out pretty close to one good game a year and that's IF you enjoy that kind of game. That's just sad. People dont owe nintendo anything and the idea that they do is ludicrous.

They deserve to be in the half-in, half-out spot theyre in and honestly theyve been stupid about their approach from the start. If their intention is to bring casuals back, they might try reaching them in a way that doesnt require the consumer going out of their way to watch directs that they dont know exist.
---
---
#9nonexistingheroPosted 11/15/2013 8:47:06 AM
Lol. Before anyone takes him seriously... think about it, it's Endgame.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#10LightbornePosted 11/15/2013 8:50:11 AM
Ok am I in an alternatve universe where fans actually have there's eyes opened? I loved nintendo to before the wii anyways.

But when did this switch around happen? 6 months ago people where defending like family.