Co-worker: "I wonder what Nintendo is doing".

#41SuigintouEVPosted 11/15/2013 10:20:13 AM
AceMos posted...
LttP bosses are super easy

Um, let's look at Turtle Rock. Hard ass platforming to even get to the boss, and then the boss requires so much magic usage that you better have known to bring a green potion.

It might be little things like deciding to bring a green potion after failing once or executing the platforming timely, but at least they make you work for it. No one is looking for Contra here.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#42AceMosPosted 11/15/2013 10:31:56 AM
SuigintouEV posted...
AceMos posted...
LttP bosses are super easy

Um, let's look at Turtle Rock. Hard ass platforming to even get to the boss, and then the boss requires so much magic usage that you better have known to bring a green potion.

It might be little things like deciding to bring a green potion after failing once or executing the platforming timely, but at least they make you work for it. No one is looking for Contra here.

i can easly beat that boss with 1 magic bar
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#43DontMindIfIDoPosted 11/15/2013 10:36:08 AM
Ahh I do love people who talked about being "betrayed" and "abandoned" by their favourite company. Just goes to show that some of you take this console way BS WAY too seriously.
#44Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/15/2013 4:23:10 PM
SuigintouEV posted...
iKhan88 posted...
In fact, maybe you have just outgrown Nintendo, but you can't come to terms with that, so you blame them instead.

Um, there's no "maybe" about it when you pick up Twilight Princess and leave major "epic" boss battles like Argorok having lost like 3/4s of a heart despite getting hit like six times, and then immediately go download Link to the Past on your virtual console are happy to barely survive basic boss battles like Moldorm.

Ironic how the Teen-rated Twilight Princess is, to take words from a irate pre-mature complainer about Wind Waker, a "baby-easy kiddy game" in terms of difficulty, yet other E-rated Nintendo games with colorful graphics are legitimately challenging.
#45deathwave21Posted 11/15/2013 7:12:30 PM
HeroC114 posted...
*facepalm*

Talk about beating a dead horse, but as a gamer first, and a Nintendo fan second this just pains me.

My co-worker enjoys Super Smash Bros and Ocarina of Time on the N64, he enjoys Nintendo characters.

Keep in mind, this person is also consistently busy and is also in the military, but their marketing sucks that a person like this doesn't know about Nintendo's new console.

Is it fair to say that Nintendo cannot retain their fan base from generation to generation because they consistently abandon them?

I know you. You're that dude with all the friends. The one who posts complete scripts of dialogue about how Nintendoomed since 1889 and such.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#46Emperor_ZPosted 11/15/2013 7:17:42 PM
Personally, I think Nintendo would benefit a lot simply from naming their consoles better. Look at the names Wii, Wii U, DS, DSi, 3DS, and 2DS. If you weren't a "gamer", could you immediately know which are new systems, and which are just different models?
#47chillvPosted 11/15/2013 7:34:24 PM
iKhan88 posted...
Their fanbase certainly abandoned them
#48KingTremoloPosted 11/15/2013 7:50:18 PM
I guess I'm the minority here but I loved the Wii in general, here's the list of games I have and enjoy.

Fire Emblem
Super Smash bros Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Xenoblade: Chronicles
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Unpopular opinion: I loved this lil' gem)
Sonic Colors
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
Dragon Quest Monsters
Skyward Sword
Twilight Princes
Wario Land Shake It
Pandora's Tower.

That's not even all of them. I don't see why a lot of people think the Wii lacks in quality software. I guess I'm just not and average gamer.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHz/4 GB DDR3 Ram & 1600 mhz(soon to be upgraded)/HIS 7770 GHz edition (soon to be upgraded)/Gigabyte Z77-DS3H/Cooler master Elite 430