#11kdognumba1Posted 11/15/2013 9:42:16 AM
Nope, I love my Wii U.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#12mashuPosted 11/15/2013 9:42:50 AM
No I'm not, because:

nonexistinghero posted...
The Wii U isn't going to be discontinued any time soon. Anyone that thinks it will be is delusional.
#13ShiNoBinnPosted 11/15/2013 9:49:48 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
REAL_kielbasa posted...
Not really. If Nintendo canned Wii U and launched a new system, it would flop even worse than Wii U.

What Nintendo needs to do is get their heads out of their asses and start investing SERIOUS cash in this system. Money hat some big exclusives and market the hell out of it.

But sadly I think they're content to let their console business shrivel up and die.

As much as you make a good point, Money hatting exclusives is not only unfeasable, but the little Sony and Microsoft did get cost them a fortune. Imagine if Microsoft got exclusive rights to GTAV, it could have well cost them at least $500 Million.

Now imagine Nintendo trying to get an exclusive like that will the current sales of the WiiU? They may be sitting on $11 billion, but that doesn't mean they can start throwing $1 Billion a game to get some exclusives.

While I don't think they should money hat for exclusives I do think they should try to acquire smaller studios/indies i.e. Shin'en and build them up or at the very least get more 2nd party titles in the works.

I agree w/this, have these smaller studios make games in long forgotten about franchises like Wave Race or 1080 snowboarding and new IPs also try to form some studios that can provide genres lacking from the WU library currently like a sports studio. Mario (insert sport here) is fine and dandy but there are also people that want to play some real simulation styled sport games w/real people etc... basically since 3rd parties arent playing ball, Nintendo needs to step up and try to provide these experiences themselves.
---
"Look upon me....do you see how pathetic you are!? Only a chosen few have the power to face me on this level!.."
#14citreanPosted 11/15/2013 9:56:22 AM
Remembrent posted...
citrean posted...
Remembrent posted...
I'm on the fence personally, and this isn't because I want the console to fail - but I fear it's coming..

When the dreamcast went down were people cheering for it to happen? What is wrong with people these days

I'd like to point out that I have a Wii U, I hope to God it kills it this holiday season, and I know it's not going anywhere.

However - I'm getting worried again that maybe things aren't going to go well. So I brought up this hypothetical. I think people that aren't concerned are probably a bit naive to the situation here.

Rumor has it you're on the fence
---
3DS FC: 1735-9985-7867 / PSN: Citrean NNID: Citrean
#15guedesbrawlPosted 11/15/2013 10:01:15 AM
secretly a touhou.
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
#16Rasputin77Posted 11/15/2013 10:27:26 AM
citrean posted...
Remembrent posted...
citrean posted...
Remembrent posted...
I'm on the fence personally, and this isn't because I want the console to fail - but I fear it's coming..

When the dreamcast went down were people cheering for it to happen? What is wrong with people these days

I'd like to point out that I have a Wii U, I hope to God it kills it this holiday season, and I know it's not going anywhere.

However - I'm getting worried again that maybe things aren't going to go well. So I brought up this hypothetical. I think people that aren't concerned are probably a bit naive to the situation here.

And there's nothing in their response that suggests otherwise... unless you'd like to stop being "sly, insinuating without pointing anything out" poster and clarify.
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
GameFAQs: Where astute observations make you a monster.
#17EastCoastKodyPosted 11/15/2013 10:31:08 AM
Wii U has great games.

we already know PS4 doesn't.........yet

and we'll find out about the Xboxes launch games next week.
#18Remembrent(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 10:47:15 AM
EastCoastKody posted...
Wii U has great games.

we already know PS4 doesn't.........yet

and we'll find out about the Xboxes launch games next week.

Right - I agree, but it's getting worrisome that that general public doesn't. I still believe sales will jump with Fit U and 3D, but I think that's the last push truthfully. If that doesn't work, im not sure it ever will..
#19citreanPosted 11/15/2013 4:36:11 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
citrean posted...
Remembrent posted...
citrean posted...
Remembrent posted...

And there's nothing in their response that suggests otherwise... unless you'd like to stop being "sly, insinuating without pointing anything out" poster and clarify.

And you are going back to ignore, yes Im trolling you, go drown in your own piss.
---
3DS FC: 1735-9985-7867 / PSN: Citrean NNID: Citrean
#20FayeLadyPosted 11/15/2013 4:41:51 PM
If this system fails I don't know why I would rush out to buy the next one, discount or not.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.