Side scrolling Metroid game that is both 3rd and 1st person.

#1HeroC114Posted 11/16/2013 8:13:50 AM
The gamepad would consistently be Samus' first person view, with visor and everything set up, and the top would be side scrolling, and you can switch between the two at the press of the minus button.

I feel like I would throw up, but the concept sounds interesting no?
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
#2EarthLord_CJPosted 11/16/2013 8:17:22 AM(edited)
Probably the best way they could marry the concepts of first-person and third-person exploration, though I know not everyone will be happy with it.

Since it seems like it'd be a waste to use the Gamepad for nothing but the nice first-person perspective, I reckon scanning gameplay would work wonderfully on the hardware.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#3colt85Posted 11/16/2013 8:20:24 AM
I'd like another take on O:M gameplay
---
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
You know the user is a troll, you know the topic is just to provoke people, and yet you still post on it...
#4HeroC114(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 8:29:09 AM
colt85 posted...

Distilled Ninja Gaiden where holding one button then releasing, and spamming missiles in first person mode was not that great of a Metroid experience.

3rd parties on Nintendo franchises can be sometimes good, like with F-Zero, and Star Fox Assault. Tecmo was a bad choice though.
---
#5colt85Posted 11/16/2013 8:33:03 AM
HeroC114 posted...
colt85 posted...

Distilled Ninja Gaiden where holding one button then releasing, and spamming missiles in first person mode was not that great of a Metroid experience.

3rd parties on Nintendo franchises can be sometimes good, like with F-Zero, and Star Fox Assault. Tecmo was a bad choice though.

Obviously the game needs fixing, but it was an interesting premise.

Also, you say OM wasn't good, but then say Star Fox Assualt was? Wa-wa-what? Also don't forget Capcom's Zeldas, those were great
---
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
You know the user is a troll, you know the topic is just to provoke people, and yet you still post on it...
#6HeroC114(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 8:39:15 AM
colt85 posted...
HeroC114 posted...
colt85 posted...

Obviously the game needs fixing, but it was an interesting premise.

Also, you say OM wasn't good, but then say Star Fox Assualt was? Wa-wa-what? Also don't forget Capcom's Zeldas, those were great

I've played all the recent Ninja Gaidens, so going from those to Metroid Other M, I want to say they even used the same game engine, although I'm not certain. It just felt too simple.

Talk about extreme laziness when you get the gravity suit. I bet they worked on the cutscenes first, with Samus in one suit, and this was the reason why it doesn't change throughout the game.

Star Fox Assault was fun, even though it had interesting controls. I appreciated it. It was more memorable than Metroid Other M, to me. That's saying much, considering how old Assault is in comparison.
---
#7MilesTeg420Posted 11/16/2013 8:40:52 AM
Nintendo's insistence on making you use Wiimote only hurt the concept.
#8EstilPosted 11/16/2013 8:52:17 AM
Didn't they try something like that with Metroid Other:M? Though to hear most people talk that Metroid game is not even worthy of its name.
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller