When I was a child, I had no money, now I am a man and have no time

#11EndgamePosted 11/16/2013 10:21:08 AM
I have the time AND the money, but there are no longer games worth playing
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#12GoldenJoe24Posted 11/16/2013 11:06:21 AM
StevenTheGamble posted...
Lightborne posted...
felipin24 posted...
I remember when I had time to play but no money to buy games with. Now, I have a job and can easily buy the games that I want but I don't have time to play them.

A cruel fate indeed, wait until you have a child, I don't regret that though and you get more time as they get older.

Most fathers get portables and stick to mmos now days.

Wow, I think subliminally this has always been a reason I aim low. I aim to be some bum janitor who works 3 days a week and spends the other 4 gaming and writing (my true passions)

So no there is nothing wrong with sustaining the job or being a good father, in fact I'm quite jealous of your "normalcy"
But then again I've always gone against the grain.
Or Maybe I'm just good at justifying laziness

You are a failure of a human being, second only to those who don't work at all. Step up your life.
#13thefabregas22Posted 11/16/2013 11:09:11 AM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
StevenTheGamble posted...
Lightborne posted...
felipin24 posted...
I remember when I had time to play but no money to buy games with. Now, I have a job and can easily buy the games that I want but I don't have time to play them.

A cruel fate indeed, wait until you have a child, I don't regret that though and you get more time as they get older.

Most fathers get portables and stick to mmos now days.

Wow, I think subliminally this has always been a reason I aim low. I aim to be some bum janitor who works 3 days a week and spends the other 4 gaming and writing (my true passions)

So no there is nothing wrong with sustaining the job or being a good father, in fact I'm quite jealous of your "normalcy"
But then again I've always gone against the grain.
Or Maybe I'm just good at justifying laziness

You are a failure of a human being, second only to those who don't work at all. Step up your life.

If he's enjoying life then imo he's succeeded at life.

Btw is it tough to afford gaming stuff since I'm guessing working part time as a jani doesn't pay the greatest
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#14Bowm4080Posted 11/16/2013 11:17:16 AM
Thanks, you're making me fear the 20s mark of life O_O I'm not looking forward to it one bit.
#15STN79Posted 11/16/2013 11:28:48 AM
Hey i got a simple solution! No wife no kids no problem. More money and time for you!
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#16jrb363Posted 11/16/2013 11:30:31 AM
felipin24 posted...

#Firstworldproblems

LOL
---
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Personally i prefer 720p. 1080p is just too many pixels
#17SharkbiteR6Posted 11/16/2013 11:33:28 AM
Right there with you man. That's one of the reasons I'm holding off on next gen consoles. I cant count the number of times I bought a game, had career get in the way, then by the time I can carve out some game time something else I wanted more is out and I get that. At this point I'm sitting on a backlog of so many great games I could go the next year just playing games I already own...
---
Currently playing: Diablo 3, Persona 4: Arena, Radiant Historia, Brigandine
#18SSBCandidatesPosted 11/16/2013 11:40:12 AM
felipin24 posted...

Welcome to my world.
#19RetrowirePosted 11/16/2013 11:42:56 AM
I'm a gamer, but seriously, how many hours per day do you devote to gaming for this to be an issue?

I'm about to start a new job that has shifts that can last 8 to 10 hours a day, I'll eat and sleep, and some days I'll go home and play a game for an hour or two.

Also, I understand if you're working some crazy shifts, but how many hours do you guys typically devote to the pass time?
---
Insert witty signature here.
#20kidwgmPosted 11/16/2013 11:48:16 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/1385452_447011875408239_1816989176_n.jpg
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia and Animal Crossing New Leaf FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.) *Coming Soon: Xbox One