I'm ready for Metroid to be pushed into being a major franchise...

#1PUNCHOUT1116Posted 11/16/2013 2:44:58 PM
By that I mean having it's own team of developers and whatnot, much like the Zelda and Mario teams.

I know Retro was "the team" for awhile, but I think they would rather not consistently work on just one franchise.

I just believe it to be a franchise rich with story and lore, much like Zelda. Basically, it's one of Nintendos "big deals" and I think it should be treated as such.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 11/16/2013 2:49:09 PM
If they played their cards properly it could be.

Going about it the proper way, it could be their answer to MS's Halo and Sony's Killlzone.

Not saying it has to be a FPA/FPS, but it could most certainly be a series that not only has a solid single player, but a robust local and online multiplayer experience. Even going in the vein of MP2 and 3 would be a good start if they gave it proper multiplayer, not tacked on garbage.
---
..."go put on your favorite lingerie and streak in your public library while yelling about how sexy you'd look as a dolphin." - Ghasts
#3BloodychessPosted 11/16/2013 2:54:38 PM
1. Get more reliable online network
2. Give Activision the publishing rights to a Metroid Game
3. ???
4. Profit
---
Wii U Board (Noun): The only thing in existence more polarizing than Sunni and Shia
#4deimos91Posted 11/16/2013 3:10:10 PM
Bloodychess posted...
3. ???
4. Profit

Have you seen what activision does they like EA do not endorse creativity or spirit in games
---
You're a caveman angrily throwing rocks at fire.
#5IlluminoiusPosted 11/16/2013 3:14:36 PM
resembling a city
#6S_FoxPosted 11/16/2013 3:20:48 PM
3. ???
4. Profit

ugh disgusting >:/
---
Currently Playing:Pokemon X, Tales of the Abyss (on hold)
Last Games Finished: Persona 3
#7raspberryhunterPosted 11/16/2013 3:24:59 PM
Metroid was never a major franchise
---
3DS FC: 0748-2102-6265
#8BloodychessPosted 11/16/2013 4:47:48 PM
deimos91 posted...
Bloodychess posted...
3. ???
4. Profit

Have you seen what activision does they like EA do not endorse creativity or spirit in games

Come one, this is Metroid. The whole story is an Aliens clone in so many ways. The MP would be perfect. It would only be one game though, no need to sign over the franchise forever.
---
Wii U Board (Noun): The only thing in existence more polarizing than Sunni and Shia
#9guedesbrawlPosted 11/16/2013 4:51:50 PM
They need to make a prime-like game with a very deep multiplayer. fuse the best of the trilogy and hunters.
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
#10FredSavage27Posted 11/16/2013 5:27:09 PM
Bloodychess posted...
It would only be one game though, no need to sign over the franchise forever.

You're talking about the company that released five console Guitar Hero games in one year.