Is Nintendo stubborn or ignorant about online?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Nintendo stubborn or ignorant about online?
2 years ago#1
They consistently fail to meet what are pretty much industry standards for online features.

But I'm curious if it's because they just aren't aware of what's going on in the online world/have no idea how to do it (ignorant). Or they are just being stubborn and being different for the sake of being different. And deliberately not including features they know their competition has.

I honestly feel they are just ignorant of what's going on. If they knew all the online things other companies are doing, I think they would make them even better.
---
Any sig ideas?
2 years ago#2
I think its a combination of both.
2 years ago#3
Its ignorance imo and they continue to dig a deeper hole every year.
---
Wii U Online ID: JETS4EVER (Add me!)
3DS FC: 1289 8287 4736 -Message me if you add me for Pokemon
2 years ago#4
Nintendo is just in their own world right now.

The online system is miles behind PSN or XBL. You would think with the PS4 and Xbone that Nintendo would have improved its online system in the first year of the Wii U but they didnt.

Its sad really, Nintendo just blew it.
2 years ago#5
Definitely both.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
2 years ago#6
Sticking on feature just because "the competition has it" is a stupid ass reason.
2 years ago#7
greatone101 posted...
Nintendo is just in their own world right now.

The online system is miles behind PSN or XBL. You would think with the PS4 and Xbone that Nintendo would have improved its online system in the first year of the Wii U but they didnt.

Its sad really, Nintendo just blew it.

Yeah, Nintendo should've used that there precognition to see what the Xbone and PS4 have, since they didn't technically release in the Wii U's first year.
2 years ago#8
AhnoldDood posted...
Sticking on feature just because "the competition has it" is a stupid ass reason.

This does not answer TCs question.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
2 years ago#9
Eh, I'm not worried. I have other consoles if I want to play online.
2 years ago#10
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

This does not answer TCs question.

No, I can't answer that myself, but thinking that they should stick in features just because other people have it is still awful reasoning.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Nintendo stubborn or ignorant about online?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived