Be honest, do you really want a Mario Galaxy 3?

#1HungoverHero777Posted 11/16/2013 9:11:10 PM(edited)
While there's no denying the Galaxy games were/are incredible, IMO I just think it's time to move on from them, or at least make something else before it (besides 3D World).
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
#21shadetail1Posted 11/16/2013 9:10:30 PM
Two were enough. Make something new.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3freutty2Posted 11/16/2013 9:11:21 PM
Nah, I'm honestly a little tired of it. I would like a new series, not the Super Mario 3D Land series.
---
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979
#4Soccer_is_BestPosted 11/16/2013 9:13:29 PM
I have no problems with a 3rd one, just as long as it comes out several years later...like 10 years. After 3D World, I am hoping for this gen's 64/Sunshine/Galaxy 3D Mario
---
3DS FC: 1075-0785-5409
Can't wait for Nintendo's new Wii U and 3DS games coming out soon.
#5Baha05Posted 11/16/2013 9:14:02 PM
Yes and no, while I like the idea of a trilogy, it is the 3rd time it'll be done. What I would like though is something similar but call it Super Mario Universe, have it still in space but dealing with the Mario Universe as a whole with 3D worlds that span across most the Mario titles from SMB to Galaxy. It wouldbe a trip to go to say worlds or locations similar to SMW, or explore areas of Sunshine.
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#6TrstTheLordPosted 11/16/2013 9:17:07 PM(edited)
A new idea in the collect-a-thon series of Mario games. I really have no idea what it could be. The only reason Galaxy two happened was they had so many ideas left over to use that a sequel made sense. The Galaxy were the most innovative games I have seen that use gravity.
---
Got married May 23,2009
http://www.polarbearsinternational.org Save thePolarBears!
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 11/16/2013 9:15:30 PM
I don't want another. I want to see something kind of new and refreshing when it comes to Mario games. Mario 3D World isn't quite the leap I'd want to see, but it at least is different enough from both Galaxy and 3D Land to be interesting.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#8Baha05Posted 11/16/2013 9:17:36 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
I don't want another. I want to see something kind of new and refreshing when it comes to Mario games. Mario 3D World isn't quite the leap I'd want to see, but it at least is different enough from both Galaxy and 3D Land to be interesting.

Well when you think of it once a character like Mario gets to space, it's kinda hard to top that. I think it could either go back to exploring the galaxy (Or Universe since it fits) or you have him go back to his roots (which would go bad, unless time travel was involved but better)
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 11/16/2013 9:26:09 PM
Baha05 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Well when you think of it once a character like Mario gets to space, it's kinda hard to top that. I think it could either go back to exploring the galaxy (Or Universe since it fits) or you have him go back to his roots (which would go bad, unless time travel was involved but better)

Pretty much. I had wondered that when playing Galaxy. Then they released Galaxy 2. Then I seriously wondered where they'd go after that. I thought Sunshine was a good direction to have went in previously as it was stylistically different and had its own feel, so it's not that the game has to blow Galaxy away for me but rather to be different enough to be interesting.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#10JobocanPosted 11/16/2013 9:37:37 PM
Sure, I'd buy it. I'd just hope for a few original gameplay additions. Galaxy 2 was definitely a better game than 1, but it didn't do much to the formula beyond improving the level design.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection