Help! How to assign Pro Controller as Player 2

#1tuna-eggPosted 11/17/2013 7:08:22 AM
Trying to play multiplayer NSMBU using gamepad + Pro Controller, but it won't let me assign the Pro Controller as player 2... both the gamepad and the Pro Controller currently work as controller #1. What to do??

Argh, this is frustrating. I love Nintendo, but issues like this make me want to tear my hair out and shake some sense into them :/
#2IlikeBacon16Posted 11/17/2013 7:23:43 AM
Don't think you can. Game Pad is strictly boost-mode in multiplayer.
#3jrb363Posted 11/18/2013 6:14:38 PM
You can't. I found this out last night as well since I got a Wii U yesterday. Unfortunately the Gamepad only works as a 'boost control' which is extremely stupid on Nintendo's part. I was very disappointed. Luckily we had 2 old Wiimotes so my wife and I could enjoy the game together.
---
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Personally i prefer 720p. 1080p is just too many pixels
#4tuna-egg(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 6:28:03 PM
jrb363 posted...
You can't. I found this out last night as well since I got a Wii U yesterday. Unfortunately the Gamepad only works as a 'boost control' which is extremely stupid on Nintendo's part. I was very disappointed. Luckily we had 2 old Wiimotes so my wife and I could enjoy the game together.

Ugh. Since when did Nintendo become this inelegant? I thought they were a user friendly-company, to the point of nerfing their products.
#5CubeTVPosted 11/18/2013 6:41:18 PM(edited)
I find it a bit annoying that the pro controller is labeled as a "Wii remote" in the Home Menu. If it works as a Wii remote, why can't it be used for Wii games? You can even select "go to Wii Menu" by the B button shortcut using it and it still won't work in the Wii Menu.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs