The Wii U may not surpass the PS4, but can it get second place?

#1Dr_RudyMjolnirPosted 11/17/2013 10:25:52 AM
I hope so, the XBONE should be dead last like it deserves.
---
3DS friend code: 3308-4835-1515
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 11/17/2013 10:31:34 AM
No.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom
#3kamikaze135Posted 11/17/2013 10:33:48 AM
I doubt it. I love the Wii U, but with 3rd party developers not supporting the Wii U as much as the other consoles and online capabilities being ancient tech in comparison to the other consoles I can't see the Wii U doing better than the PS4 or Xbox One. 1st party games will be the Wii U's saving grace.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#4Santo3485Posted 11/17/2013 10:35:09 AM
1. PS4
2. XB1
3. Wii U
---
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice - but in practice, there is.
#5chris1001 the sequelPosted 11/17/2013 10:35:38 AM
We're one year into the generation. At this same point in the 7th gen, people would have told you that 360 would be in first place with the Wii in second and the PS3 bombing. The point is when you're one year into a 6-7 year release cycle, it's too soon to make any definite calls. The Wii U IS doing poorly right now, but it's not too late for Nintendo to turn it around, and despite all the momentum the PS4 CAN still end up a disappointment, and the One CAN go either way depending on how MS handles the post launch period.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#6EasterEggHunterPosted 11/17/2013 10:36:30 AM
Unfortunately, no. There is absolutely no way the wii u can outsell the xbone. Which is sad cause i really dislike it.
#7FayeLadyPosted 11/17/2013 10:36:34 AM
We'll find out next week. Economically, I think the PS4 launch will hurt it. On a national level, 500 million dollars spent on any product this week seems like its less money to go around next week.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#8The_HyphenatorPosted 11/17/2013 10:38:50 AM
Dr_RudyMjolnir posted...
I hope so, the XBONE should be dead last like it deserves.

At this point, I think it's too early to take it for granted that any of the three systems will come out on top. The PS4 is looking more promising than the Xbone at this point, but that's mostly because of the goodwill Sony garnered at E3 by countermanding all of Microsoft's oppressive DRM policies. I'm not sure how long that goodwill will prop them up, even at a lower price point, especially when the game releases dry up for a while next year.

And while Microsoft's standing has taken a hit from the aforementioned DRM, the high price point, mandatory Kinect and the Xbone's apparently lower power, it's too early to count them out. If nothing else, Microsoft has shown that they are masters of marketing and spin fu; I wouldn't put it past them to be able to turn this negative publicity around and get the upper hand on Sony.

And while the Wii U has had a rough first year, the fact remains that Nintendo has now ironed out their launch kinks and are coming out with some must-have titles, and will be releasing said titles while Sony and Microsoft suffer through launch issues of their own and the inevitable post-launch game draughts, all while their system is selling with attractive bundles at $100 to $200 less than the competition. That's not an advantage to be taken lightly, especially in a down economy where people are less willing to spend lots of money on luxuries like game consoles.

Bottom line, it's still anybody's game right now, and anybody who thinks they know how the 8th generation will shake out at this point is in for a rude awakening a few years down the line.
#9merkhavaPosted 11/17/2013 10:40:47 AM
Wii U Zelda will trump All.
Xbox One is great.
PS4 is ......generic and mediocre and hasn't contributed to any innovation in the gaming industry.
---
I am moving too fast.....sideways!
#10chris1001 the sequelPosted 11/17/2013 10:41:49 AM
merkhava posted...
Wii U Zelda will trump All.
Xbox One is great.
PS4 is ......generic and mediocre and hasn't contributed to any innovation in the gaming industry.

Yes because the XBox One has such great innovations like......TV achievements.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html