Is a classic/pro controller really nessesary?

#1DoomedIdiotPosted 11/18/2013 4:05:13 PM(edited)
I had an instore pick up for a Wii Pro Controller at Best Buy to play the Zelda:LttP from this month's club nintendo reward.
They gave me a Wii U Pro Controller instead (which neither the person who bagged, or the security noticed the giant U emblem on the top of the box at checkout and exit). I didn't realize when I got home because I just saw the side of the box and thought "looks about right," then put it in my bag after security checked it.

I don't know if i should just keep the controller now for use, or to return it and try to get store credit for the value of it since I'm not too sure what's the use of it when the gamepad is good enough.
After some research, I figured I'll just wait for the Wii U VC upgrade on LttP and keep myself occupied with other things in the mean time as well.
#2bezlaskezPosted 11/18/2013 4:05:30 PM
I love the Wii U pro controller. Although it's useless for Wii VC games (obviously), it's generally better than the gamepad. Dat rumble. Powerfulll.
#3DoomedIdiot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 5:09:35 PM
I kind of got use to playing without rumble since I'm mostly a keyboard+mouse guy (just got a Wii U for the exclusives since PS/XBox stuff usually come to PC).

How is it generally better than the gamepad?
I haven't opened it yet only because I'm trying to maintain it being untouched just incase I do try to call in for credit.
#4Nintendogenie00Posted 11/18/2013 5:18:12 PM
rumble = more annoying that useful.
#5bezlaskezPosted 11/19/2013 7:14:46 AM
Nintendogenie00 posted...
rumble = more annoying that useful.

I can't be the only one who loves the controller shaking. Still brings back fuzzy Lylat Wars memories.

I think it's generally better because of the way improved battery life, and incredibly comfortable for long sessions. Some of the better games on Wii U (W101, MH3) aren't paticularly enhanced by the pad, so the pro controller just seems like a natural fit.

I don't know, I got one cheap last year and have used it a good deal , but it isn't necessary by any means. My friends who don't go for Nintendo prefer it if they come around for multiplayer, however.
#6sonic777Posted 11/19/2013 7:18:07 AM
DoomedIdiot posted...
or to return it and try to get store credit for the value of it

Or you could do the honest thing and admit you took the wrong controller by accident and leave with the item you were actually entitled to.
---
Wii U Board: Where people get off on being trolled.
3DS: 1349+4416+3126