"Sony sold 1 million PS4 units on launch".

#1Too_many_namesPosted 11/19/2013 5:26:44 AM
"Whereas Nintendo sold 1.6 million Wii Us in a year".

I am sorry for making a topic about this, but am I the only one who thinks this is a stupid comparison? It is obvious that a hyped up console, like the PS4, will sell like crazy on the first few days. Even the Wii U sold well during the first week.

You can't compare a Day 1 launch to a "not Day 1 launch" (not that this wasn't a bad year for Wii U, but this isn't the point of my thread).
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".
#2jon davisPosted 11/19/2013 5:32:31 AM
If Nintendo had of hyped up the Wii U before launch it could have done a million day one, don't blame Sony for doing it the right way blame Nintendo for not trying hard enough.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#3Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 11/19/2013 5:34:16 AM
The Wii U's 'day one launch' wasn't anywhere near PS4 US numbers in the US.
#4Too_many_names(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 5:34:33 AM
jon davis posted...
If Nintendo had of hyped up the Wii U before launch it could have done a million day one, don't blame Sony for doing it the right way blame Nintendo for not trying hard enough.

Can you read? That's not the point of my topic at all. I even said you could compare the two launch days with each other. JESUS
---
#5Too_many_names(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 5:36:07 AM
Jet_Set_Radi_Go posted...

Yes, but that's not my point. It's common knowledge by now that PS4 has had one of the best launch days in the history of gaming.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Also, just noticed that I said DAY 1 LAUNCH! I AM AN IDIOT D:

Nah, not really.
---
#6Rasputin77Posted 11/19/2013 5:36:23 AM
Signs the next generation are going to be masters of conversation, example #47.
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
GameFAQs: Where astute observations make you a monster.
#7FayeLadyPosted 11/19/2013 5:38:17 AM
Most people have been comparing the PS4 launch to the launch of the Wii U in NA, which we are to believe was 425,000 units.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#8WildsparkPosted 11/19/2013 5:39:07 AM
... What?
---
When you give up, that's when the game is over -Slam Dunk
#9Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 11/19/2013 5:39:15 AM
Too_many_names posted...
Jet_Set_Radi_Go posted...

Yes, but that's not my point. It's common knowledge by now that PS4 has had one of the best launch days in the history of gaming.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Also, just noticed that I said DAY 1 LAUNCH! I AM AN IDIOT D:

Nah, not really.

Yeah but you have no point beyond 'please don't compare the Wii U to anything, please' so I offered an example of a fair comparison in your eyes.

Spoilers; the Wii U loses.
#10STN79Posted 11/19/2013 5:41:32 AM
Ever notice how the majority of Sony's big name titles always get near perfect review scores?
All the popular ones like Assassin's creed, God of War, GTA, Call of duty etc. They come out with yearly sequels and little changes in each new game yet still they sell insane amounts and get all kinds of glowing reviews. When it's a Nintendo game all people wanna do is acuse them of being lazy and rehashing the same old stuff. There definitely seems to be a double standard.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"